Chapter 40: Let Me Protect You (VIII)

Under Shang Ke's insistence, the two ended up sleeping in separate rooms. After starting high school, they had moved out from their home and rented an apartment near the school. Every day they would go to school, go to work, train, shop... they were almost inseparable. Shang Ke felt it was rather incredible. They lived together for ten years and still weren't tired of it. It was really true love!

However, true love is just true love, and the bottom line must still be adhered to!

"Keke, my room smells weird," Feng Juan complained, his tone like he had been wronged.

Shang Ke sprayed air freshener.

"Keke, my bed is too hard."

Shang Ke helped him make the mattress thicker.

"Keke, I can't sleep without you."

Shang Ke arranged a photo of himself beside his bed.

"Keke, my room's soundproofing isn't good. What would I do if you hear me while I'm consoling myself?"

Shang Ke handed him a banana.

Feng Juan held the banana, his expression stiff. "......"

"What are you looking at? Eat it." Shang Ke continued as he peeled open his own, "Bananas can quench thirst, and can help constipation. Eating one occasionally will help your health."

Feng Juan stared at Shang Ke as he sucked his banana, and scenes not suitable for children flashed through his mind one by one, his body heating up. Who said bananas could help quench thirst?! He felt even more thirsty, alright?

Just as Feng Juan was thinking about what kind of position he should use to pounce, Shang Ke had already finished his banana and was turning to walk back to his room.

Feng Juan immediately followed him like a fluffy-tailed wolf, his tail wagging from side to side while scheming.

When he reached his room's entrance, Shang Ke glanced at the wolf with one hand on his door frame. "Go back to your own room and sleep."

Feng Juan played around with the banana in his hand and dawdled by the door, refusing to leave.

For such a tall, cool, and tyrant type of person to assume such a miserable appearance, was he trying to act cute in order to seduce him? Hmph, he would not compromise. Otherwise, this guy would want a mile after getting an inch.

"Keke, you don't love me anymore," Feng Juan's said with his eyes full of sadness.

"If you continue to disturb me, then I will only be able to say 'I once loved you.'"

Feng Juan felt as if an arrow had pierced his chest. It hurt so much.

Shang Ke's heart softened a bit as he watched Feng Juan's dispirited figure leaving, but he immediately berated himself. He could not yield no matter what!

The next day, Shang Ke saw that Feng Juan had developed dark eye circles, as if he had a kidney deficiency... no, a haggard appearance. It appeared that he hadn't slept well.

Shang Ke pretended to not notice and silently told himself that it would be fine after he gets used to it.

The two people tidied up and left together. In front of others, Feng Juan returned to his mature and coldly arrogant appearance, acting swiftly and decisively. He pressured a group of simple youths into submission, completely different from his proud and pampered unruliness at home.

Feng Juan liked hot-blooded sports, while Shang Ke enjoyed peace. Every time that Feng Juan had an event, he would always ask Shang Ke to watch. So long as Shang Ke was present, he would act as though he had been injected with chicken blood, his vigorous energy causing countless female students to scream. However, there was only one person that he wanted to attract.