Chapter 35: Let Me Protect You (III)

Rowan's computer configurations were very ordinary, and it appeared that he did not use it often, because even the most common firewall wasn't set up. Shang Ke first helped him to fix some system holes, before going online to download some applications, like multi-language programming software. If he could, he really wanted to change the computer's entire system, but unfortunately, it wasn't his laptop. He could only wait until he got the chance to assemble and install his own computer.

"Keke, what are you doing?" Feng Juan moved his head closer, curiously watching Shang Ke's speedily typing fingers.

Shang Ke paused in his actions, then turned his head and asked, "Do you want to learn?"

Feng Juan nodded his head with all his might. He felt that Shang Ke was very amazing and seemed to know everything. Before it was English, and now it was computers. Compared to Shang Ke, he didn't know anything. He really didn't like feeling being so far behind him.

"Alright." Shang Ke had Feng Juan sit near him, and began to teach him how to use a computer from the very basics.

In this period, only about fifty percent of China's total population had a computer, which was far lower than Western countries. China's technology was also at the primary stage. However, it wasn't like there weren't any experts hidden among the masses.

Feng Juan was able to learn very quickly. Shang Ke only had to demonstrate once before he could grasp the skill, and even deduce further knowledge.

In such a manner, their morning cheerfully slipped by as one taught and one learned.

One of the guards in charge of protecting them delivered lunch. When the guard left, a cell phone laid in Shang Ke's palm.

Feng Juan looked at him in admiration. "You actually stole..."

"Sh!" Shang Ke motioned for him to be quiet, before taking the sim card out from the cell phone. He then checked the phone to be sure that there wasn't any kind of trojan horse or other monitoring software before hiding it in a flower vase with relief. The phone card was flushed down the toilet.

"Keke, what are you trying to do?"

"I need the cell phone to do some things. I hope that guard won't mind." Shang Ke looked at the door with an apologetic expression. He will compensate that guard once he has money.

Rowan had actually given them some money, but the amount wasn't enough to afford a cell phone. He also didn't want to let Rowan know that he had one, so he could only steal it. Now that he had a cell phone, he could use their money to buy a new sim card.

Feng Juan stared at him silently. It was fine if he stole a cell phone, but the one he stole from was a guard!

"Juan Juan, you help cover for me." Although they were currently being protected, they still had their freedom and weren't too restricted, so they could go wander around nearby.

Shang Ke and Feng Juan were led by a police officer into a shopping center, and Feng Juan got Shang Ke's hint, helping him to distract the police officer.

Shang Ke quickly bought a good sim card and returned before the officer saw. Only two to three minutes had passed.

After they wandered around and bought some snacks and books, they returned home.

Returning to the house, Shang Ke fished out the phone from the flower vase and inserted the phone card before squeezing into the study. He switched on the computer and began to code. It was a version of the virus 'Trojan Horse' called 'Jumping Virus,' and was not only difficult to detect, but could also spread.