Chapter 141: Spring Comes Upon A Withered Tree (VIII)

器鬼族总人数只有十几万左右,最高寿命将近千年,以分裂的方式繁衍后代,每个分身从幼体期开始就拥有强健的体魄、金火双系魔法天赋以及完整的记忆传承。若非森林面积辽阔,器鬼族恐怕早就横扫大陆了。

The total population of the specters were roughly only a couple hundred thousands while their longest lifespan was almost a thousand years. They reproduce by and every doppelganger since the child phase would have a sturdy physique. They have twin talents of gold and fire magic as well as complete memory inheritance. If it weren't for there to be so much forestry, the specters would have long taken over the continent.

这次大战,器鬼族派出了两千族人,加上他们控制的各族傀儡,大约集结了三十万人马。联盟军队约五十万,其他佣兵团难以计数,在人数方面,联盟拥有绝对优势。但两千器鬼族的战斗力,足以给联盟带来巨大威胁。

For this war, the specters sent out two thousand of their own race while the puppets they controlled assembled roughly three hundred thousand of their own. The alliance army had five hundred thousand while the numbers of the mercenaries were a bit harder to count. But in pure numbers, they had the advantage. However, the fighting strength of two thousand specters was a great threat to the alliance.

当伊维赶到战地时,联盟军队已经与器鬼族交战过几次,败多胜少,损失了上万人马。

By the time Ivan hurried to the battlefield, the alliance army had already fought several battles against the specters. They lost more than they won, their losses totalling over ten thousand men and horses.

"伊维,你有多少颗氧灵珠?"泣血佣兵团团长塔默问道。

"Ivan, how many oxygen spirit beads do you have?" The leader of Tears of Blood mercenary, Tomo asked.

"15颗。"伊维据实以告。

"Fifteen." Ivan reported.

塔默凝眉思索片刻,沉声道:"我们这边也只剩下30颗,数量太少,无法形成有效伤害。"

Tomo frowned as he fell deep in thought before replying, "We only have thirty left on our side. There isn't enough to make a significant dent in their numbers."

山迪接口说:"这次大战太过仓促,联盟准备不足,我估计最后会以战败而告终。"

Sandy added, "This war was too sudden, the alliance isn't prepared enough. We will probably lose the war in the end, which is the end of us."

"如果不能压制器鬼族,联盟大军恐怕坚持不了多长时间。"其他人也深表忧虑。

"If we can't suppress the specters, the alliance army won't be able to last long." Other people piped up with great worry.

这时,阿尔文提议道:"我们可以选择特定目标进行偷袭。"

Alvin spoke up this time, making a suggestion. "We can choose a target in advance and launch a surprise attack."

"偷袭?"

"Surprise attack?"

"没错。"阿尔文继续道,"器鬼族并不知道我们拥有多少氧灵珠,如果他们的人接二连三被我们偷袭成功,必然会有所顾忌,不敢亲身犯险。"

"That's right." Alvin continued, "The specters don't know how many oxygen spirit beads we have. If their members are successfully killed by us one after another, they might be more hesitant and be more unwilling to put themselves in danger."