Chapter 44: Everyone Loves Little Immortal Mushroom (II)

Shang Ke used the time to make a pot of mushroom soup to confirm that Yan Lu lost his memories.

With the failure of his tribulation, his past memories vanished like smoke as if he was born anew. To Shang Ke, this was undoubtedly a pretty good start.

While Yan Lu drank his soup, he stared at Shang Ke.

Shang Ke didn't understand, if he's going to drink soup, he should drink it., Why must he stare at him so intensely at the same time?

After finishing an entire pot of mushroom soup, Yan Lu slowly spoke, "I think, that you would taste better."

No matter how tasty this senior is, this senior will not let you taste him! Turning into a mushroom was already miserable enough alright? While by his side was another guy who was thinking of eating him at any moment, and this guy really could!

Shang Ke felt that if he wanted to cultivate this guy into a God Lord, then he has to make this guy, with zero grasps on emotions, know all the beautiful things in this world and thus, correct his twisted life and world view.

As such, Shang Ke determinedly decided to take him out on a journey. While they searched for the path of correct immortality, they can experience life, uphold virtue and condemn evil, and light up the glory of human nature.

Several days later, after Shang Ke had packed up everything into his storage ring, and bid farewell to all the mushrooms in the cave, he left with Yan Lu following.

"Hurry up, we're almost at Xialiang City." Shang Ke turned his head and called out to Yan Lu.

Yan Lu slowly followed him, silently staring at Shang Ke's lively figure. Although he didn't remember anything, he was very familiar with this person's presence, as if once upon a time he had spent unfathomable days and nights by his side.

Yan Lu thought, could it be that this mushroom was planted by him before? Perhaps he was actually quite good at planting mushrooms? To actually plant out a mushroom that could transform into human form... (Shang Ke: Hehe, you're overthinking.)

Yan Lu's right leg took a step forward and he appeared by Shang Ke's side in a flash. While he scented the fragrance of the mushroom, he stayed and walked with him.

Although Shang Ke's current cultivation level wasn't high, he was still able to fly for short distances. But with Yan Lu, he could only walk. After Yan Lu failed his tribulation, he lost all of his cultivated energy. But because his physical had already been tempered by eight of the tribulation strikes, his body was entirely different from before. Once his previous devil cultivation was destroyed and adding in how Shang Ke used all sorts of methods to clean out the devil qi, the new spiritual qi that formed within his body was full of righteousness.

In other words, Yan Lu had the physical body of a Devil Lord while he had the spirit roots of an immortal. With his aptitude, no matter what kind of cultivation he practiced in the future, he would make great progress.

It looks as if Shang Ke only needed to find him a first-class martial arts instructor and he would be able to walk upon the clear road of a God Lord. But thoughts are thoughts, reality is always cruel.

Xialiang City was a small remote town, the population didn't even hit fifty thousand. But because it was located between nature, it was full of spiritual qi and there would often be villagers that picked up immortal spirit herbs. As such, there were immortal cultivators that would come by occasionally to obtain treasures.

The disguised Shang Ke walked amongst the crowd and slowly acclimated to Xialiang City's situation. Yan Lu was indifferently looking around and taking things he liked from the vendors around them. By the time Shang Ke noticed, this guy's left hand was holding a fan while several tassels and other hanging decorations hung on his arm. His right hand held a fruit and he was still chewing on it happily.