Chapter 187: Let's Run, Fox (III)

A single pheasant was naturally not enough to fill a lion's empty stomach. As he licked the traces of oil off his claws, he silently watched Shang Ke.

尚可另外给他端来一碗三鲜汤,用来盛汤的果壳比斑拓鼠那个大了三分之二。

Shang Ke carried a bowl of sanxian soup to him that was in a fruit shell two-thirds larger than the one he had given the mother rat.

尝过叫花鸡的美味后,穆图虽然有点嫌弃这碗汤,不过对比自己的份量和那只肥鼠的份量,心里还是满意的,爽快地喝了个精光,味道意外的不错。他深深地看了尚可一眼,以前居然不知道这只小狐狸有这种手艺。

After tasting the delicious roasted pheasant, Mutu still drank that bowl of soup despite the disdain he felt for it. He was satisfied with the larger portion he got in comparison to that fat rat and drank it until nothing was left. It tasted pretty good. He observed Shang Ke carefully, he never knew that this little fox would have such good skills.

这样一个上阵能杀敌、入室能持家的人才,就应该好好放在自己身边。

Such a talent that can fight when needed and housekeep when at home needed to be well-kept by his side.

吃饱喝足,尚可开始帮穆图清洗伤口,重新上药。穆图身上伤痕纵横交错,刀伤、斧伤、箭伤,不一而足,好几道伤口深可见骨,皮开肉绽,这家伙却像是感觉不到疼痛一般,面不改色。只有在尚可给他敷药的瞬间,才会稍微皱皱眉头。

After having his fill, Shang Ke cleaned Mutu's injuries and reapplied medicine. Crosses of injuries littered Mutu's body. Sword injuries, hatchet injuries, arrow injuries and more. Some of them went deep enough to see the bone yet this guy acted as if he couldn't feel pain as he calmly went through the process.

尚可用浸泡过药汁的叶子,几乎将穆图的前胸后背给贴满了,然后用热水烫过的麻布条一圈圈固定。麻布是从穆图身上撕下来的,他那件上衣本来就被砍得七零八落了,干脆拿来废物利用。

Shang Ke used leaves soaked in herbal mixes and plattered them all over Mutu. Then he used a strip of cloth he had boiled before to fasten them on. The cloth was made from Mutu's clothes. His top had been sliced into unwearable tatters anyway, so he might as well make use of it.

穆图见他动作娴熟,包扎手法干净利落,忍不住问:"你是巫医学徒?"

Watching his experienced movements and perfect bandaging, Mutu couldn't help but ask, "You're the witch doctor's apprentice?"

这个时代医术落后,还没有建立相对健全的医疗基础。穆图口中的"巫医",只是懂得一些简单的药理知识,他们更重要的职责是请神祈福,一般由德高望重、经验丰富的长者担任。所以,穆图问的是"巫医学徒",而不是"巫医"。

Medical development was behind in these times, the fundamentals of medical treatment have not been established yet. The 'witch doctor' mentioned by Mutu was just someone who had a bit of herbal knowledge. Their main and more important duty was to ask God for their blessing. The post was normally taken up by an experienced elder of virtue and prestige. As such, Mutu asked if he was the 'witch doctor's apprentice' instead of just 'witch doctor'.

尚可摇摇头,额前的长发随着他的动作轻轻摆动。

Shang Ke shook his head, the long bangs in front of his face also gently swayed with his movements.

穆图正想伸手撩一撩他的头发,却见他起身往外走去。

Shang Ke got up and walked away when Mutu was just about to part his bangs by the enticement.