Chapter 158: Back To That Key Moment ③

Rhine woke up from sleep, clutching his aching forehead and felt as if he had experienced a hangover. However, he never drank before a mission.

Mission?

Rhine's originally dazed eyes suddenly turned sharp. His gaze quickly swept across the room, a strange feeling arising in his heart. It was still his room, but there was something wrong about it.

He slowly got up from bed and walked into the bathroom. Looking at himself in the mirror, that strange feeling appeared again. His reflection showed that he was wearing only a pair of pajamas with a red shirt on, his body looking strong and muscular. He seemed to be at his peak state. His young face had the rigidity and coldness of a soldier.

After taking a shower, Rhine walked naked into the bedroom and opened the home help system on the wall. He was about to send someone to deliver a meal, but his finger paused in mid-air.

That's strange. Who was he going to call to deliver a meal? Didn't he usually go to the officers' canteen for food? Rhine looked at the time and saw it was 9 in the morning.

9 o'clock? He should be training at this time. Why was he still sleeping in his room?

Something's wrong and nothing's right! He had a very regular routine. He usually got up at 5 o'clock and finished a round of training at 9. And when he got up just now, his movements were gentle, completely different from his usual efficiency.

Rhine rubbed his forehead and felt that he had forgotten something important.

Just then, Rhine's device rang. It was his adjutant.

【Sir, General Quebec and the others are waiting for your response. 】

"What response?" Rhine asked without thinking.

【...Regarding the mission of leading the troops to shift camps. Will Sir be willing to take this?】

Rhine's brain quickly went through the information, and then the name of a place flashed across his mind: Keso River.

(Note: Keso River was the site where Shang Ke and Rhine were attacked. Shang Ke died protecting the seriously injured Rhine afterwards.

He replied almost reflexively, "I will not take part in this mission this time."

The adjutant on the other side was probably surprised and asked to confirm it again before ending the call.

Rhine frowned irritably, wondering why he refused without further thought. Did his subconscious think there was something wrong with this mission?

Rhine looked up at his room again. Somehow there was the feeling of being out of time and space. His heart was empty, as if he had lost an important memory.