Chapter 57 - The South Bird

The Straw Hats were outside to hear what Cricket has to say to them.

Usopp: "What do you need to tell us, old guy?"

Cricket: "Here. I'll start by telling everything I know about the sky island. None of it's certain, but it's your choice to believe it or not!"

(Y/N): "We believe you." he said making tea.

Usopp: "That was a fast respond." he turned to the ink man.

Cricket: "There's a strange phenomenon that occurs in these waters *points to the sea* sometimes it'll turn to night even though it's day."

Luffy remember that happening. They remember the monsters that appeared. But it wasn't important for now, he told when the nightfalls happens, the clouds compact extremely and creates the shadow. Nami mentioned about cumulonimbus clouds, but she said that their too dark to be clouds.

Luffy: "WOW! You're so dumb, old guy! It gets cloudy on days when there's lots of clouds!"

Usopp: "Yeah! Cloudy!" he agrees with the captain.

Chopper: "CLOUDY!' he jumps in the air.

Cricket: "SHUT UP AND LISTEN!"

He started explaining about cumuloregalis clouds. They're clouds that pile high in the sky but doesn't produce air or rain. When they appear high in the sky even sunlight is blocked out, basically bringing afternoon "nighttime" to the ground. There's one theory about the clouds, cumuloregalis clouds are fossilized clouds that have floated in the sky for centuries.

Nami: "That's ridiculous! Clouds with no air currents even after building up?!"

Cricket: "You're free to believe they can't exist. I'm not asking you to believe me!"

(Y/N): "So they're mystery clouds, and there's no further explanation?" he asked the chestnut head.

Cricket: "Pretty much."

Chopper: "YOU'RE SO COOL (Y/N)!"

Cricket: "Listen. If there's is a sky island... that'd be the only possible place!"

Luffy: "OKAY! GOTCHA! LET'S GO ABOVE THOSE CLOUDS!"

They started dancing and Zoro woke up by (Y/N) poured a bucket of water above his head. Nami got irritated and yelled about how they still have no clue to get to the sky, then Luffy and Usopp got a major beating. Cricket started talking about their problem, putting their lives on the line.

Luffy & Usopp: "We're already near death..." they weakly said with their beaten up face.

Cricket: "The Knock-Up Stream is a current that shoots into the air... You can take theoretically take it into the sky. Understand?"

Nami: "It's a current that can send ships flying, right?"

Luffy: "OH! Then it just need to send us above the clouds!" he smiles as the reindeer had a thought bubble of the ship flying up with happiness on his face.

(Y/N): "Wouldn't the ship end up smashing back into the ocean?"

Cricket: "Normally, yes. The key is timing. It's easy to talk about being sent up the current, but it's not gonna be as nice a trip as you guys think. The Knock-Up Stream is a natural disaster. It's something that should normally be avoided!"

Nami: "How exactly does a water current rise into the sky? We've never heard of anything like that before..." Luffy and Usopp nod their head to agree.