Chapter 142 - Meeting a Mermaid

The Straw Hats have sailed through after escaping Thriller Bark and having a new crew added, Brook the dead musician. Currently, Luffy, Chopper, Usopp and Brook were at the side of the ship fishing for food under the heat of the sun.

Luffy: "What the heck is going on?"

Usopp: "It's hopeless."

Brook: "Oh, dear..." he scratched his afro.

Luffy: "We're not catching a thing."

Chopper: "This is weird."

Usopp: "Times are tough..."

Luffy: "Man, this is boring!"

Brook: "Now, let's be patient."

Meanwhile the others were at the middle drinking (Y/N)'s tea and figuring out for Fishman Island. (Y/N) made enough for them and started sleeping for a bit.

Luffy: "Hey, Nami! Aren't we at Fishman Island yet? Huh? Huh?"

Nami: "Oh, give it a rest! I'm sure we're getting close!"

Sanji: "Fishman... Mermaids!" he soon started daydreaming and having hearts again.

He started thinking more about mermaid and started dancing around yelling about it. (Y/N) open one of his eye at the noise and threw an ink ball to stop him and went back to sleep.

Luffy: "GAH! I'M SICK OF THIS! SANJI! I NEED FOOD!" he threw his rod.

Usopp: "Huh? *scope zoom* Is that... Incredible! A huge school of fish!"

Brook: "Yohohohoho! You see? With some patience, everything works out!"

Luffy: "Hehehe! Fish 'em all up! They're coming this way!"

The navigator walked over to see it.

Chopper: "Want to try it too, Nami? What is it?"

Nami: "Something isn't right."

The fishes didn't pay any attention to the bait and swim by it. Zoro woke up and see what was in front of the ship.

Zoro: "That's..."

Everyone turned around and Nami sees black clouds flying in the sky.

Nami: "That is..." she sweated a bit.

Usopp: "What is that obviously foreboding look on your face?" he asked being nervous.

Then the sea changed and a giant whirlpool appeared. Multiple whirlpools, surrounding the ship.

Nami: "Serpent Currents!"

(Y/N): "Serpent Currents?" he wondered.

Nami: "Everyone, be careful!"

Soon the whirlpools started shooting a pillar of water in the air. Usopp started screaming what situation they were in.

Zoro: "It's almost like they're alive..."

Franky: "This looks a little dicey."

Brook: "Yohohohoho... Well, this is quite..."

Luffy: "COOL!" he was in awe from the sight.

Nami yells out to Sanji to get to the steering wheel which he was already was. He tried turning it, but he couldn't move it an inch. One of the currents started striking the Thousand Sunny. Zoro jumps and cuts the water.