Chapter 95 - Pirates on the Run

They were still at the factory they were battling. But they stopped when the shipwrights were against the pirates.

Franky: "Iceberg was attacked? What're you talking about?"

Nami: "Wh-What did they mean?"

Luffy: "D... DON'T BE RIDICULOUS! WHY... WHY WOULD WE DO SUCH A THING?!" he yelled at Paulie not knowing what was behind the scene.

Paulie: "So you'd play innocent to the end, huh?"

(Y/N): "But we didn't cause the actions..."

Paulie: "The culprits... When Iceberg-san came around, he told us that he remembered the two culprits. One was a big man with a mask on. The other was a tall woman. When we asked the government, they said that she's one of you guys... Nico Robin, the woman with a bounty on her head!"

(Y/N): "Robin?!" he yelled in shock.

Paulie: "Did you come to this island in order to kill Iceberg-san from the start? Or did you decide to do so after you guys met him yesterday? I don't know what you pirates think... but now that we've come to know you're the culprits, we won't leave you at large."

The crowd changed into an aggressive mob. They started going against the Straw Hats after hearing from Paulie's explanation of the cause of Iceberg assassination.

Franky: "Oi, Oi, so did Iceberg die?" he asked.

Paulie: "Heaven forbid that he'd get killed by fools like them! Precisely because he's still alive, these two could go after his life again. So we'll take care of them right here, right now."

A tool gets thrown at Luffy but hits the wood that was behind him, and (Y/N) lifts his hat to avoid it from getting sliced.

Kaku: "Dead or alive... They don't care if you're captured alive or not. Do you know what it means to be on the wanted list? You pirates can't complain, no matter who does what to you. In other words, the world's law won't protect you guys."

Luffy: "That's right. We are outlaws. I know that. But... DON'T SAY THINGS LIKE THAT WHEN YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ROBIN!"

(Y/N): "Could you at least let us see Iceberg-san? I'm sure there's a big misunderstanding. Robin would have no reason to kill anyone." he asked.

Lulu: "Why would we let you get closer when we don't know what you'd do?!"

The crowd went wild cheering and agreeing with Lulu. They told them they should tie up the pirates, others suggested they should send them to the gallows.

Nami: "H-Hey! What are you saying?!" but she gets hold by one of the audience.

(Y/N): "Bloody hell..."

He created some daggers and threw them into the air. As they dropped down, it made a circle around Nami making the people back off and him giving them a warning. Nami kept trying to convince the people that they didn't do anything, but it was futile.

Paulie: "In any case, this is it for you three. Learning that harming Iceberg-san means that you're turning us, Galley-La Company, into an enemy... That you're turning this city, Water Seven, into an enemy."

Luffy: "Why are you saying groundless things like that?! Let us talk to Ice pops!"

Paulie: "Just give it up, pirates! The information will spread throughout this town immediately. There's no longer a place for you to escape! *punches palm* We'll bring down everyone in your gang!"