Part 1

(WARNING before you read this part you to know there is abuse and some inappropriate words mentioned in this part)

They took her to the room she most feared and wrapped her down on the chair. "aww slut why are you crying so much " a taunting voice came making the girl tremble in utmost fear, she was familiar with this voice, the voice that haunts her every second, the voice of the devil who had made her life a living hell.

"p-please i-i am sorry " the little girl cried more; she didn't want him to beat her again.

"Didn't we tell you not to escape or run away huh" his voice cold as ice, his demeanor was enough to kill herself. "no, no p-please i-i am sorry " she cried again but it only earned her a tight slap. she whimpered in pain and cried more.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, IF YOU CRY ANYMORE THEN ILL DOUBLE YOUR PUNISHMENT" he roared and that shut her up the instant, she knew he wasn't lying if he said then he would do it and no one would stop him from doing so.

Get me the rod " he ordered the men and she started shivering, she couldn't beg because it would only double up her punishment, so she just stayed rooted to her place, her fist tightly clenched on either side of her. she saw how he came over to her with a burning rod, her eyes widened, her heart was in her throat now, she looked at him with pleading eyes but didn't utter even a single word, while he just smirked, he loved her fear, her pain, her tears, and her cries were music to him.

"This would always remind you that you aren't allowed to run away " saying that he grabbed her feet and started burning her little feet with the rod, she screamed her lungs out but no one helped her or stopped him. the cell filled with her painful screams.

Thank god I was woken by the sound of the brutely loud ringtone, I answered it still trying to catch my breath "hello?" "hello iris, you alright," nick fury asked "huh what yes" I replied "ok there is a car waiting for you downstairs that we sent can you please get in and the drivers gonna bring you to us," he said "okay just give me a sec to change," I said before hanging up. 

As I changed and got in the black SUV car. why do they want me, what did I do? are they gonna kick me out, am I in trouble I asked myself.

I reached S.H.I.E.L.D and walked to fury's office the only place I know where to go in this big damn place. I knocked on the door and opened it when he told me to come in, as soon as he saw me a huge smirk made it on his face "it's so nice for you to join us" "us?".

The door opened again and to my surprise, it was agent Maria Hill "yes us" she said as she hugged me, maria and fury were the only ones I knew in this place. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY," maria said giving me a cupcake, "happy birthday kid". 

"Thanks for this and for keeping me safe, god it feels like yesterday that you found me," I said and they smiled, I was 14 at the time and had just escaped hydra for the third time, my powers had exploded and let out very strong energy of course fury saw the sudden change in the radiation and decided to check it out. That's when he found me hiding in the wood up a tree crying while it was raining hard.

 He tried to get me down but I wouldn't listen, I was terrified that he was with hydra and that he's going to bring me back to that hell place.

 After a week or more of no food I fainted and that's when he got me and brought me back to his apartment, I woke up on his bed he was there with a tray of food for me.

 I ate the food but didn't speak a word he tried to trick me to say something but I was smarter than him, and after a couple of days of him taking care of me I felt safe and told him everything hydra, my powers, and past. 

Ever since then he took me and hid me in a safe place, later on, he introduce me to maria and they told me about S.H.L.I.E.D and how they wanted me to join them but I declined their offer. I wanted a break from everything and just focus on myself and my powers.

"ok now that I'm here what do you want from me?" both of them looked at each other then fury spoke, "Iris now that you are officially 15 years I wanted to remind you that you are gifted with incredible powers and amazing fighting skills and intelligence" oh no they brought my powers into this.

"I want you to join the avengers the strongest team I have ever made" and there it is "sorry nick but I-" before I could finish, he talked over me "before you say it's it either you join the avengers or... I'm sorry but you'll get adopted by some family and you live your life hiding and not using your powers,".

"WHAT NO!!". 

"Sorry but we have to do this" maria said trying to calm me down "BULLSHIT this is bullshit fury, you can't do this to me please."

"Iris you are not a normal teenager you have been gifted, you need to use your gift and if you don't want to, you'll need to get adopted and live your life, you can't keep hiding in that little apartment".

He's right; he always is, it's just I'm scared I don't like to interact with people let a long work with them but as he said it's either, I use my powers or keep them hidden and I am not doing that.

 "Alright I'll think about it, but till then I'll need the files of all the team and its members," I said and he smiled.

giving me the files he said, "I'll need an answer by tomorrow", so I went back to my apartment and started reading.

WC: 1.1k 

꧁vote, comment, follow꧂

vote or ill eat your cupcake 🧁

AN: the dream was based on a part from a story I read a long time ago and the rest is my work, no hate, please