Part 17

-iris's pov-

I woke up to the sight of people all over my room bucky tony and nat was on the bed sleeping while Wanda and Pietro were sleeping on the couch and Sam and Bruce brought themselves mattresses and slept on the ground.

I slowly and carefully got myself out of bed and into the kitchen without waking anyone.

 I knew that when they wake up, they'll be hungry so I made waffle bacon and eggs for breakfast, soon after they all woke up and came running into the kitchen.

"Morning guys," I said and they looked relieved to see me "you okay," I giggled then Bruce came and hugged me "never do that again," he said, "do what, wake up-oooo I made breakfast" I showed them the plates full of food.

 "Thanks, I'm starving," sam said and everyone grabbed a plate and dug in, "mhm this is good," Pietro said stuffing his mouth, "where did you learn to cook," bruce asked, "thanks nat, and leaving with kids 9 kids, and me being the oldest I had to learn,".

While I was eating breakfast with the others my phone rang It was Asher so I picked it up, "hey Asher" I said, "hey cap sorry to bother you but we didn't see you today so we asked your friends and they said you hadn't come to school today, so the team wanted to know if you're okay" he said and I could hear the other guys asking to talk to me.

"oh, school...I wasn't feeling too good so my family said I should stay home today, but don't worry I'm good now so ill see you on Monday" "okay thank god it's nothing serious we have a match on Tuesday and we need our star player" he chuckled.

"that's so sweet of you to say, anyways you guys practice after school," I said "definitely" I looked at the table and they all were staring at me "okay Asher got to go bye". I said ending the call.

"what I asked them" "who's this Asher kid," Steve asked "a guy from the team" "what did he want," bucky asked annoyed "he and the rest of the guys in the team were worried about me that's all" "is he your boyfriend" nat smirked, "what nat no...Okay everybody get back to your own business, yea and why didn't you wake up me for school" "well you were asleep and we thought about what happened yesterday night you'd like a day off" tony said and I thanked him.

-time skip to the day of the match-

"Okay boys listen up," I say then started explaining my plan "so everybody is good with my plan" "yes mam," they all said, "okay great, now when you get out there just remember to push all your fears away, you got this okay now let's get out there and win this game".

We played the match on our school pitch and everyone in our school came to see us, as we got on the pitch the school cheered for us the Referee played blew his whistle and the game started.

Everything was going great until the other team started to get aggressive, they would push us hard then claim it was an accident. The other team shot a goal and now we're both tied, at the last minute Alex a boy from our team was about to shoot the goal when one of the other team's guys pushed him hard and he fell on the ground.

the referee gave him a time-out and a free penalty kick to us and with the last 30 seconds on the clock, this was our last chance to win this game. 

Coach asked for a 5 min time out and gathered us all "okay so this is our last chance to win this game, who do you think should kick the ball" "Ronnie" the whole team said in union. 

"Okay then veronica you up," the coach said then went to tell the referee to continue the game, I stood there with the ball Infront of me and got nervous and that's when a guy from the other team yelled "she's a girl shell probably miss" and all of his other mates laughed. 

I was angry that I kicked the ball and it went straight in the goal, we got a point breaking the tie "WE WON!!! WE WON!!!" the guys said running and picking me up, the whole school cheered and whistled and I could see Peter, ned, and MJ clapping their hands and cheering my name.

After the other school had left and everyone was done congratulating me, I went to get my stuff from the felid and that's when I saw Asher. 

"hey what are you doing here," I asked "I saw your stuff and thought I should guard them until you came back" he smiled "thanks". 

"you know you're a really good captain, I mean yea at first we thought you were scary and annoying," he said and I chuckled "wow you really thought that" ie laughed "yea I mean no offense but you broke chucks arms for touching you," he said "that's fair" "but he main point is that all the hard training that you made us do actually helped us get better I mean A LOT better than before."

"Hey, what can I say you needed me and I came to help" I giggled "okay I got to go," I said as I walked out of school, a few blocks away I spotted the car and got in it "hey happy" "hey iris how was school" happy asked as he started the car, driving to the tower I told him everything. 

"hey how was your match today," Bruce asked as I got in "I scored the winning goal," I said as I sat next to nat on the table "didn't know you were that good" Sam said as he entered the kitchen "I my self had no idea" I lightly laughed. 

WC: 1K 

vote or ill pop your ballon 🎈

꧁vote, comment, follow꧂