Part 24

"iris dear you're from earth so I guess you never heard the story f the lost princess of ephedia" I shook my head and he smiled "the story took place in our home Ephedia, I king Bodvar was the ruler of the beautiful kingdom, the royal family was made out of me, my wife, my 3 sons and Iduna my youngest and my only daughter. 

Iduna was the sweetest kindest and the bravest girl I knew and at the age of 17, the sword of the choose her to be its holder and guardian. That was big deal because that sword was the most powerful thing ever made, and it was clear that she was going to make a great leader one day and for that to happen she had to be 21 and have a husband on her side.

Iduna didn't like the idea of her needing a husband so she can help rule her kingdom, but we could not do anything those were the rules that were written by our ancestors, and we could not break them. 

soon after Iduna ran away from the kingdom without anyone knowing just leaving a letter behind saying that she couldn't get married to someone she didn't love let alone know and by that she felt like she failed us, and that her older brother would take the thrown. 

She left the sword behind feeling that she's unworthy of being its guardian and went in beep hiding using some kind of strong spell so no one can ever find her even Heimdall here. my wife queen lea soon fell sick and died just like my kolaben's wife Titania, till this day we could not find ephedia's lost princess,"

"oh, I'm so sorry to hear that," I said hugging him "don't be it was my fault in the first place I should not have forced her into marriage" I held his hand and looked at his eyes "don't worry I'm sure she's doing alright" "I hope so." "grandpa but how could lady iris get through the border".

"I'm not sure Blake" "why is everyone surprised that I pulled the sword out," I asked.

"ever since Iduna left the sword placed itself back in the great rock, no one in the Nine Realms could get past the border let alone take the sword out until...you" Loki explained. 

"so what does that mean," I asked them " the universe had chosen a new guardian for the sword and it selected lady iris".

"but Heimdall why did it choose a human being to be its protector" dodvar asked "I don't know king Bodvar but she has your family mark on her maybe she's a lost relative or something."

"I'm sorry but this is too much for one day, its been an honor meeting all you guys but I need to go back now" "wait for cant you stay here for a couple of days, we can show you our kingdom" "thanks for the offer king Bodvar but I need to get back to my own world my family and I are going to a trip soon but when I come back ill tell Thor and Loki to bring me to your kingdom."

 "Alright dear" I got out of bed and we all walked out of Asgard we said our goodbyes and traveled back to earth.

We stood in the living room all three of us staring at each other until Thor broke the silence "so lady iris what'd you think of Asgard" "it was beautiful...um Thor, Loki" "yes" they both replied together.

"do you really think that I could have Ephedin blood?" "I don't know," Loki answered "I'm going to my room I'll try to process what just happen," I said and went to my room.

I was laying on my bed with a million thoughts running through my head that were broken by my phone ringing, it was clint so I answered "hello friend" "hey, quick question are you busy" he asked, "no why ." 

"okay great so me, Lura, and the kids miss you so much, and you're all alone at the tower and it would really mean the world if you would spend some days with us," he said and I smiled.

"really yes, of course, okay let me get my things ready" "sweet okay I'm a few minutes away" "kay bye."

Thank god I really needed something that would distract me from what just happened, I prepared my bag and headed downstairs and out of the building, and hopped in the car. "thanks for coming" he said starting to drive "I should thank you, God knows I need it" I said "why what happened" he asked "its a long story ill tell you later, so I guess they don't know about me coming right" "yup not a clue, I wanted to surprise them."

We drove to clints house and when we reached it we got in making sure no one noticed me. "I'm home" he shouted "we're in the kitchen" I walked behind him but stopped when he entered the kitchen. 

"I have a surprise for you guys," clint said "what is it," Nathaniel asked, "hi guys!!!" I entered the kitchen "IRIS!!!!" all three kids came hugging me "hi minis" "please move away," Luara said pushing through them and hugging me. 

"There is something else too" "what's better than iris" "aww thanks cooper" "iris is staying with us for a couple of days." "NOOO dad your lying" "believe it or not lila I'm actually staying" she squealed and hugged me tightly. "okay, lila let the girl breath, now everyone sit at the table dinner is ready."

Me staying with hoods family was such a great idea after we were done with dinner I helped Lura with the dishes then we all sat watching a movie, soon after the movie was done I played with cooper video games then went to lila room and there were so many tea to be spilled. 

After an hour clint told them that it was time for bed Nathaniel wanted me to sing him a lullaby and that's what we did. After I made sure everyone was asleep I got out of the room and headed to the living room "thank you honey you don't know how much we missed you" "I've missed them too and being around them really helped get me away from my thoughts."

"yea what happened you said you'd tell me later, so come on the spill," clint said then I started explaining what happened with Thor and Loki in Asgard. "so yeah that's the whole thing" "okay wow" "I know this day was just too much" "you look tired maybe you should go to bed" "well your not wrong, goodnight love birds."

-time skip-

Staying with Barton's was amazing, even though I still had to fight crime and stay some nights night's watching id still come home to people who liked me around. today would be the third and last night of me staying even though I'm really going to miss them I have to get back to the tower to check on things and get the place ready cuz today most of the guys are coming.

WC: 1.2K

vote or ill put a snake under your bed 🐍

꧁vote, comment, follow꧂