Bring Your Attention to The Screen||35

It was getting late it was like 12:30 when we returned back to the compound everyone headed upstairs, "You coming Y/n?" Wanda asked, "Yeah just give me minute." She nodded and headed upstairs, when I knew she couldn't see me I made my way to the office room looking through my records, thinking back on my past at high school. For 2 hours.

"Shouldn't you be upstairs with your girlfriend?" I look up and see Carol leaning on the door frame, I clear my throat and quickly cover the papers and exist the tabs. "Shouldn't you also be upstairs it's like 2:00am" "Fair point, what are you working on?" "Nothing important." "If it wasn't important, you wouldn't be working on it at 2 in the morning." "You do know what boundaries are, right?" I make my way into the main room and my phone rings again

On the Phone

Unknown: "Keeping me a secret I see, good choice."

Y/N: "I've never hurt anyone." I was going to ask 'who are you', but we all know what happens after that, you never get an answer, and why would they tell you?

Unknown: "Why don't you head upstairs and check on your girlfriend to see if she's breathing."

They hang up.

I quickly ran upstairs and saw Wanda in the bed I put my fingers to her neck and feel a pulse. I let out a sigh of relief. "Y/n what are you doing, it's like 2 in the morning." I didn't feel like explaining myself and denying questions, so I just get into bed and held Wanda tight.

3 weeks have passed and everyday I get a call. I was to the point I started staying up in Wandas room almost 24/7. I'm sitting on the bed doing nothing, just waiting for another call, it's the middle of the day and I haven't even opened the blinds. 

I hear a knock on the door "come in" I say, it's Wanda. "Y/n you ok? It's been like a week since you left this room." "Yeah, just had things on my mind." I force a smile. I blocked Wanda from reading my mind ever since the calls started. I know she didn't read my mind before unless I asked her to but this was different, I didn't want to put her in danger. Wanda sits on the bed with me and starts to play with my hand, so knows somethings up. I bring my other hand to her face and I give her a kiss so she knows I'm fine, even if I'm not. I few hours go by, Wanda headed downstairs to get some food and talk to Peter, I then get a call.

On the Phone

Unknown: "I'm pretty impressed you've been keeping me a secret all this time, now I need you to do a favor for me." He pauses for a moment I can hear my own heart beating. "You need to come to me, I will text you the address, come alone. If you do as you're told your brother, and girlfriend, and the rest of your friends will be fine."

They hang up before I could say anything. I got a text message giving me the address, I get up and get ready to get out. I know it's stupid to follow what he said but I'd do anything to keep them safe. I head down to the main room and everyone was surprised to see me out of my room. 

"I'll be back I just need to go somewhere. It might take long." Carol looks at me suspicious "Where you going?" She asked. "You know, the movies." Now Peter and Wanda looked at me suspicious, they both knew I hated going to the movies alone I always brought someone with me. I quickly leave before they start asking more questions. I so made it obvious.

I make it to the place, I tap my bracelet so my suit is under my clothes I walk out my car and it's a building, it didn't look abandoned which is actually what I thought it would look like. I walk in and the front desk is empty I looked around for a while, but no one was there.

I head out to the sidewalk when I felt something pierce my skin. "Ow" I said, the thing was back on my arm, but this was different, it went through the suit with it's prongs. How this thing stops me from getting bullets, I don't know. "You didn't think Hydra would just stop did you?" I turn around and see a guy running towards me, I kick his chest back, he punches my stomach. I kick his shin and kick his side, knocking him down. I look around for someone else but didn't see anyone, then I felt a sharp pain in my arm form that tiny device and everything went black.

Avengers POV

Wanda enters the main room worried with Peter "Where is Y/n? She's been gone for 5 hours. No movie is 5 hours." "I'm sure she's fine, probably went on one of her walks." Tony responds with. "She's been acting weird ever since the night we came back from Sky Zone." Peter looks at Wanda worried. "You don't think she's acting like this because I'm her brother, do you?" Wanda gives Peter a hug "Of course not, I just think something else happened that night she didn't tell us about." "We'll keep an eye Wanda, until then I'm sure Y/n is safe." Tony says.

The time is now 10pm and you still have not returned to the compound. "Tony, have you heard anything?" Wanda asked. "Nope." "Bruce, Clint?" They shake their heads. Carol walks into the room with Nat, a duo that kind of surprised Wanda but she didn't think about it to much because of her concern of what happened to Y/n. 

"Guys Carol has something to share, not sure if it's helpful information but it could possibly help." Nat says. Carol speaks up, "The night we came back from the trampoline place at like 2 in the morning I saw Y/n working on something in the office, when I walked in she quickly covered up some papers and existed out of some tabs on the computer." Carol takes a breath before explaining further. "She quickly left and stopped when she got a call. I didn't hear much just a deep muffled voice. I checked the search history and the papers she hid but it was just things from her past, like her high school, the online yearbook, things like that." "Tony, can you track her phone to see her last location?" Wanda asked. Tony shook his head yes heading for one of the computers when an unknown voice broken the silence.

"That won't be necessary Stark, Y/n if kind of safe at the moment." Everyone was startled and started looking around the room for the voice. "Don't bother, I'm currently taking over your J.A.R.V.I.S., go to the meeting room I have something I want to show you all." Steve decided to talk back to the voice. "Who are you?" "Steven Rogers, why would I tell you? Head to the meeting room like I asked." The Avengers do as told, some sit, some stand in the room waiting for something to happen. Peter and Wanda sat next to each other holding hands tightly worried about what might happen next.

"Good you're all here, I would like to start off by saying Peter Parker, Y/n's Brother and Wanda Maximoff, Y/n's lover that you should be thankful. I've been in contact with Y/n making her paranoid. I told her that if she wanted her brother and girlfriend to live, she would do as told and come to me." 

"What do you have against Y/n?" Clint asked. "Y/n and I have history. We dated for a year just for her to tell me she was never in love." "Oh, so you're a crazy ex." Nat said. Ignoring what Nat had said, the voice continued. "When I heard Michael had became the head of Hydra I asked to join since his target was mainly Y/n. I see she's moved on fast, but she won't love Wanda, not anymore." "I feel like I'm in a movie, this is beyond crazy" Tony said. "You didn't think Hydra would go away that quickly, did you? I'm going to reprogram Y/n back to who she was meant to be. A murder. She will kill every last one of you." A distant 'No' scream came from the speakers. "Y/n?" Peter and Wanda both said. "Now bring your attention to the screen." 

A/N: Thank you all so much for 1k views