It Worked||92

"Where's Nat?" Bruce asked. I just looked at him while the tears formed in my eyes again and Steve brought me into a tight hug along with Tony. We all head outside on the dock taking a minute to process everything that happened.

Tony: Do we know if she had family?

Steve: Yeah. Us.

Thor: What?

Tony: I just asked him a question–

Thor: Yeah, you're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the stones, right? As long as we have the stones, Cap, we can bring her back, isn't that right? So stop this shit. We're the Avengers, get it together.

Clint: We can't get her back.

Thor: Wha– what?

Y/n: It can't be undone. It can't.

Thor: I'm sorry. No offense, but you're a very earthly being. Okay? We're talking about space magic. And "can't" seems very definitive, don't you think?

Y/n: Yeah, look, I know that I'm way outside my paygrade here. But she still isn't here, is she?

Thor: No, that's my point–

Y/n: It can't, be undone. Or that's at least what the red floating guy had to say. Maybe you wanna go talk to him, okay? Go grab your hammer and you go fly and talk to him! ...It was supposed to be me. She sacrificed her life for that goddamn stone. She bet her life on it.

Bruce throws a bench to the other side of the lake out of anger.

Bruce: She's not coming back. We have to make it worth it. We have to.

Steve: We will.

We head back to the compound and Tony and Banner were trying to figure out how to put the stones into the gullet Tony had made. "All right. The glove's ready. Question is, who's gonna snap their freaking fingers?" Rocket asked. Thor volunteered which started an argument.

I already lost so much, if this doesn't work at least I died trying to save them.

"I'll do it." I said, everyone looked at me.

"Y/n" Tony started before I cut him off.

"I have a lot of energy going through me. It's almost impossible for me to die. Let me do this." Tony walks over to me and gives me a hug.

"Be careful."

I walk over to the glove and held it, everyone got in position ready for if something went wrong. I put the glove on and fall to my knees as the energy goes through me. I'm healing through the pain, "Take it off!" Thor yells "I'm ok" I said. I snap my fingers and fall to the floor catching my breath.

Tony and Steve run over to me, "Y/n talk to us, how do you feel?" Tony asked "Good, just feels like a sore arm, I healed through it, if that was you, you would've been a dead man." I said making them smile. They help me up and we check the windows to see if it worked.

Clint got a call from his wife who had disappeared. "It worked." Clint said. I start to smile I look around and saw a ship blasting the compound. The entire place crumbling and catching on fire while also flooding a bit.

I was covered in rocks but blasted them off of me, I got up and saw Steve making his way towards me "Tony, I got her." He said into the comms. I stand up and follow them to Thor whose been watching Thanos as he just sits there.

Thor calls for his hammer and axe and they come flying to him while armor went around him. We all start walking towards him. It took everything in me to not hurt him right now but I knew Tony had a plan and I didn't want to mess that up.

Thanos started giving one of his little rants. One I didn't much care to pay attention to. I saw lightning form around Thor, and I knew we were starting we all started attacking Thanos, but he was strong. I hit him with my powers knocking him down. I could use my powers now that he didn't have the stones. Thor went behind Tony and made his lighting go to his suit as Tony let out multiple lasers hitting him.

Thanos threw Tony and Thor. Thor called for his axe but Thanos picked it up and started to pierce Thor with it. Steve and I who are back quiet a few feet came up with a plan. I called for Thors Hammer hitting Thanos with it, it comes back to Cap's hand and he starts to wield it knocking Thanos down.

Thanos, clearly angry by that, attacks Cap. He used his sword and managed to break his shield in half I dive under Thanos' legs and use my sword to cut him. He kicks Steve, far, and then me next. We both groan in pain as I focus and heal him and me. "Thanks kid" Steve said getting up as I followed behind.

We stand up and we see his army appear. Clint and the rest haven't shown up yet. It's Steve and I vs them, there's no way. But I do it anyways. Steve and I are now next to each other. We started to hear a muffled noise coming from comms. I look over at Steve trying to focus on the voice.