Time Travel||89

Tony brought me down to his office. We were working to see if time travel was even possible, checking to see if it was even an option to look at. We've been working on it for a while, and then we asked F.R.I.D.A.Y. 

"Give me that eigenvalue. That, particle factoring, and a spectral decomp" I asked. 

"That'll take a second" Tony added. Tony and I both walked around the table as the hologram was thinking. I took a sip of my coffee and set it back on the table as Tony ate a snack.

"Shit" We both said. The readings came back as 99.987% successful. We could get them back.

"Shit" Tony and I turn around and see Morgan sitting on the stairs. 

"What are you doing up, little miss?" I asked. 

"Shit" she said back. 

"No, we don't say that. Only Mommy says that word. She coined it; it belongs to her." Tony said.

"Why are you guys up?" 

"Cause we got some important shit going on here. What do you think? No, we got something on our mind." Tony said, teasing Morgan. 

"Was it juice pops?" I look over at Tony and he nods. 

"Sure was. That's extortion. Great minds think alike. Juice Pops, exactly was on..." I turn and look at the model again making sure we read it right. "My mind." I said grabbing Morgan's hand. 

When we were done Tony brought Morgan upstairs while I was downstairs with Pepper.

"How are you doing? I know we live together but, how are you holding up?"

"I don't even know how I made it this far. Honestly, if Tony snapped away I don't even think I'd be here. Hydra probably would've found me."

Tony walks into the room after saying goodnight to Morgan "Not that it's a competition, but she loves me 3000." 

"Oh, does she now?" I asked, 

"You guys were somewhere on the low 6 to 900 range." Pepper and I smile holding in the bit of laughter we had. "We figured it out, by the way."

"You know, just so we're talking about the same thing-"

"Time travel."

"What? Wow... That's amazing, and... terrifying."

"That's right."

"We got really lucky."

"Yeah, I know."

"A lot of people didn't." She turned to look at me then back at Tony.

"No, I can't help everybody." I knew Tony had a point but this seemed possible like were close for this to actually become real, I could get my family back. I stood up and left the room the last thing I heard was Pepper talking.

"It sort a seems like you can."

The Next Morning

I wake up to knocking on my door. I get up and answer it. "Get ready we're meeting the others." Tony said before leaving. For the first time in 5 years, I had hope. I quickly took a shower and brushed my teeth etc. I met Tony in the car, and we drove off to the compound. When we got there, we saw Steve standing outside. Tony rolled down his window.

Tony: Why the long face? Let me guess: He turned into a baby.

Steve: "Among other things, yeah. What are you doing here?" Tony and I get out the car.

Tony: "That's the EPR Paradox. Instead of pushing Lang through time, you might've wound up pushing time through Lang. It's tricky. Dangerous. Somebody should've cautioned you against it."

Steve: You did.

Tony: "Oh, did I? Thank God I'm here. Regardless, I fixed it." Tony held up a device he had in his hand that connected to his wrist. "A fully functioning Time-Space GPS. I just want peace. Turns out, resentment is corrosive, and I hate it."

Steve: Me too.

Y/n: "We got a shot at getting these stones."

Tony: "But I gotta tell you my priorities: Bring back what we lost? I hope, yes. Keep what I have? I have to, at all costs. And... maybe not die trying will be nice."

Steve: "Sounds like a deal." We head to the trunk of the car and I pull out Steve's shield and hand it to him.

Steve: "Guys..."

Tony: "Why? He made it for you."

Y/n: "Plus, honestly we have to get it out of the garage before Morgan takes it sledding."

Steve: "Thank you."

Tony: "Will you keep that a little quiet? Didn't bring one for the whole team...We are getting the whole team, yeah?"

Steve: "We're working on that right now."

We walked in and I saw Nat. She ran up and gave me a hug. "Thank you for coming." She said, 

"I want this to work" 

"I'll be back, I need to grab Clint." She said giving me a kiss on the cheek, "See ya later." After a few hours, Nat and Clint came back. We walked over and saw Banner and Scott were working together, getting ready to time travel to see if we are able to pick things up from the past and bring them here to our present.

"All right. I'm not ready for this" Scott said taking in a breath. 

"I'll do it." I said. They had me put on the time travel suit while Banner was giving me a lecture.

Bruce: "Y/n, now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chrono shift. Don't worry about it." I look at him and nod my head

Rhodey: "Wai-Wait a second, let me ask you something. If we can do this, you know, go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos, you know, and..." He gestured his hands so it looked like we were strangling Thanos with a rope around his neck

Bruce: "First of all, that's horrible.."

Y/n: "It's Thanos."

Bruce: "...And secondly, time doesn't work that way. Changing the past doesn't change the future."

Scott: "Look, we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them... Thanos doesn't have the stones. Problem solved."

Y/n: "Bingo."

Nebula: "That's not how it works."

Clint: "Well, that's what I heard."

Bruce: "What? By who? Who told you that?"

Y/n: "Star Trek, Terminator, TimeCop, Time After Time"

Scott: "Quantum Leap"

Rhodey: "A Wrinkle in Time, Somewhere in Time"

Scott: "Hot Tub Time Machine"

Y/n: "Hot Tub Time Machine. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Basically, any movie that deals with time travel."

Scott: "Die Hard? No, it's not one..."

Rhodey: "This is known."

Bruce: "I don't know why everyone believes that, but that isn't true. Think about it: If you travel to the past, that past becomes your future. And your former present becomes the past. Which can't now be changed by your new future..."

Nebula: "Exactly."

Y/n: "So... Back To The Future's abunch of bullshit?"