Last Night||86

"I can't," out of no where he gets Stabbed with some type of staff. Wanda and I go to blast the creatures off him but another one came out of no where knocking us into a building and Wanda through the glass window of a shop.

Whatever they're blasting me with is messing with my healing, making me heal slower. I groan and push myself up and bast the two aliens with the staff in Vision's stone. I bring Vision into an ally and Wanda follows behind. I try and heal him but my healing won't work on him, so I try to stich him up with my magic.

"The blade, it stopped me from phasing" he said,

"It's that even possible?" I asked,

"It's not supposed to be." Another creature came out of nowhere, and Vision pushed me out of the way. I was looking around for Vision while Wanda also had company. I found him but then I saw Wanda got hit with the magic coming from their weapon and used my powers to help her with the fall and brought her to me.

"This is taking too long." I said under my breath, Wanda and I heard Vision scream from whatever was attacking him. Wanda had gotten back into her fight. When I had my eyes on Vision again, I attacked the alien in front of him. 

Wanda joined in and I grabbed Vision and flew off until they blasted back. Wanda used her powers to help us with the fall. I lost my grip on Vision. He slid on the ground as I fell into the railings before the train tracks.

"Y/n are you ok?" Wanda asked making her way to me, "Yep just been awhile since I last fought. Get Vision." I said groaning in pain until I healed. The two alien figures landed in front of us. 

My healing happened and Wanda and I prepared for a fight to keep Vision safe but they were caught off guard when we noticed something behind the train passing by. My senses came in. Rogers. The aliens threw a spear thing at him and he caught it. Nat and Sam joined in on the fight.

Natasha took out the male alien by herself stabbing him. Sam and Steve fighting the female until they were crawling and gave up for now. A light came through and picked up to two on the ground.

Sam helps Vision up while Wanda stood behind me. "Are you two, ok?" Steve asked, "A little shaken by whatever the hell just happened, but I think so." I said as he smiled. "Let's get you guys on the jet" he said.

We entered the jet and I saw Bucky standing near the controls. "Hey Y/n," he said I walked over and gave him a hug "Hey Buck."

"I got a call from Banner." Steve started,

"He's back?" I asked,

"Yeah, but we have company. The creatures you were fighting are the children of Thanos. He's already the most powerful in the universe having 2 infinity stones in his presence. And we need to protect Vision since he has the mind stone, we can't let him get all 6 or he'll snap his fingers and half the universe gets dusted away."

"Ok well that's a lot to take in. I know you probably won't know but do you know if Peter went with Tony?" I asked, Steve sighs and looks at me, 

"According to Bruce, it looked like it."

I sit down. Fuck. I lost him. "Y/n, everything will be ok." Wanda said trying to calm me. I take in a deep breath and take Wandas hand. "I love you." I said, "I love you too." She said with a smile as she leans and gives me a soft kiss.

Most of the ride was quiet, Steve said we were going home so I knew he meant the compound. We walked into the compound and see Rhodes talking to Ross. Until he saw us, and the room went silent as Steve met Ross face to hologram.

Steve: Mr. Secretary.

Secretary Ross: You got some nerve. I'll give you that.

Nat: You could use some of that right now.

Secretary Ross: The world's on fire. And you think, all is forgiven?

Steve: I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking for permission. Earth just lost her best defender. So we're here to fight. And if you wanna stand in our way... we'll fight you, too.

Ross: Arrest them.

Rhodes: "All over it." Rhodes swipes Ross off and they all start to disappear. "That's a court-martial. It's great to see you, Cap."

Steve: You too, Rhodey.

Rhodes: Well. You guys really look like crap. Must've been a rough couple of years.

Y/n: Yeah, well,

Sam: The hotels weren't exactly five star.

After discussing for a bit, we tried to figure out a way to have Vision stay alive without the mind stone. Nothing that we thought of seemed to work until Steve suggested someone he knows might be smart enough to do it. "Get some rest, I know where to go tomorrow. Just be ready for anything." Steve said.

Wanda and I walked to our room and settled down on the bed. "I'm not really that tired, what do you want to do?" I asked as I held Wanda who was laying on my chest.

"We can always go to our spot on the roof."

"I'd like that." Wanda and I get up and go up to the roof where we see ours chairs are still there but we both had the same idea. To sit on the edge. 

"Y/n?"

"Yes?"

"What if, tomorrow, we lose?"

"Don't say that you guys are the Avengers, you can't lose."

"The Avengers broke up like a boy band,"

"Well then this will bring us together."

Wanda looks at me, she can tell I'm lying without even reading my mind. "You don't believe that."

"No but I trust us." I said taking her hand and kissing it gently.