It's Okay||91

After another hour, Nat, Tony, and I were laying on the table discussing the time stone, and Banner on the floor.

Nat: "That Time Stone guy..."

Y/n: "Doctor Strange."

Nat: "Yeah, what kind of doctor was he?"

Tony: "Ear-nose-throat meets rabbit from a hat."

Bruce: "Nice place in the village, though."

Tony: "Yeah. Sullivan Street."

Bruce: "Hmm... Bleecker."

Y/n: "Wait, he lived in New York?"

Tony: "No. He lived in Toronto. Were you even paying attention?"

Nat: "Guys, if you pick the right year, there are three stones in New York."

Bruce: "Shut the front door."

We all met each other again and told everyone the years we needed to go to.

Steve: "All right. We have a plan. Six Stones, three teams. One shot." 

We all head out in our time machine suits and walk up to the platform. 

"Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends... We lost family... We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win." Steve looks around at all of us." Whatever it takes. Good luck."

Rocket: "He's pretty good at that."

Y/n: "Right?"

Tony: "All right. You heard the man. Stroke those keys, jolly green."

Bruce: "Tractors engaged."

Rocket: "You promise to bring that back in one piece, right?" He asked pointing to the small ship I had in my hand.

Y/n: "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay. I'll do my best."

Rocket: "As promises go, that was pretty lame."

Nat: "See you in a minute." Nat said smiling. Me and Nat were headed to Vormir so she held my hand as we both took in deep breaths and shrunk down.

We arrived at Morag so Rhodey and Nebula could get the power stone, there was this weird lizard running around and Nat kicked it making me laugh a bit. We've been waiting for a while for them to get the ship down, so I decided to speak up. "Hey, can we hurry it up?" 

"Guys, chop-chop. Come on. We're on a clock." Nat said.

Rhodey: "All that, is really helpful. Take care, okay?"

Nat: "Yeah."

Rhodey: "Take that stone and come back. No messing around."

Y/n: "Hey. You got this."

Rhodey: "Let's get it done." Nat and I get back on the ship.

On the ship

"Wow– Under different circumstances, this would be totally awesome." I said looking at the view.

On Vormir 2014

" I bet the raccoon didn't have to climb a mountain." Nat said complaining. 

"Technically, he's not a raccoon, you know."

"Whatever. He eats garbage."

"Does he? I thought he was eating pizza with us."

"Welcome." A deep echo voice said I take out my sword and Nat pulls out a gun. "Natasha, daughter of Ivan. Y/n, daughter of Richard." Richard? Oh my dad.

"Who are you?" Natasha asked.

"Consider me a guide. To you, and to all who seek the Soul Stone." Less work for us.

"Oh, good. You tell us where it is. Then we'll be on our way."

"If only it were that easy." The voice responses back shutting Nat's excitement down. Nat and I follow the Red Skull to the edge of the cliff and look down. "What you seek lies in front of you... as does what you fear."

"The stone is down there."

"Wow thanks Nat, I didn't put the clues together."

"For one of you. For the other... In order to take the stone, you must lose that which you love. An everlasting exchange. A soul, for a soul." What I love?

Nat takes a sit while I watched the Red Skull

"How's it going?" I said talking to the Red Skull. "Jesus...Maybe he's making this shit up." I look over at Natasha whos really thinking, she shook her head no.

"No. I don't think so."

"Why, cause he knows your daddy's name? I mean I barely knew mine, or his name but there are files." I ramble.

"I didn't. Thanos left here with the stone without his daughter. It's not a coincidence."

"Yeah."

"Whatever it takes."

"Whatever it takes." I repeated. It was only us on this planet. the only thing here I love is Natasha. I can't let her jump, I wont. Nat stands up aggressively to meet me throwing me off a bit.

"If we don't get that stone, billions of people stay dead."

"Then I guess we both know who it's gotta be."

"I guess we do." Nat holds my hand and I hold hers.

"I'm starting to think– we mean different people here, Natasha."

"For the last five years I've been trying to do one thing: Get to right here. That's all it's been about. Bringing everybody back."

"Oh, don't you get all decent on me now, you know what's about to happen. You did not live your life just to throw yourself off a cliff at the end. Don't bullshit me."

"What, you think I wanna do it? I'm trying to save your life, you idiot. If you jump, you'll just heal."

"Yeah, well, I don't want you to. How's that? I can turn my powers off. You know what I've done. You know what I'm always one step away of becoming."

"I don't judge people on their worst mistakes."

"Maybe you should."

"You didn't when you found out about my past."

"You're a pain in my ass right now, you know that?" Nat and I lean our foreheads against each other. Our hands on the back of each others necks.

"You did not waste your entire life just to jump off a cliff for a goddamn stone."

"You know you want them back. More than anything, let me give you that."

"Okay. You win." I kick Nat's feet and she falls on the ground.

"Tell my family I love them." Nat flips me over and knocks me down.

"You tell them yourself."

Nat throws one of her Widow bites at me. I pull it off, I use my powers to stop Natasha's foot causing her to fall. I run to the cliff and jump, Nat jumps and grabs me using a grappling hook and locking it to my suit. I hold onto Nat as tight as I can. She puts a device on my arm stopping me from using my powers.

"Damn you. Nat don't do this to me." 

"Let me go. You'll get them back."

"No. Please, no."

"It's okay."

"No it's not, please Nat you can't do this. I love you."

"I love you too."

Nat kicks the side of the cliff making my grip on her weak as she slips from my hands. I try to use my powers to stop her fall but I can't overpower the device. I see her body at the bottom of the cliff as my tears start to come in. "Nat," I whispered.

I wake up laying in shallow water. I look in my hand and see the stone. Fuck, she's gone. We all appear on the platform; everyone got the stones. I avoid eye contact and start to panic. I fall on one knee as Steve rushes over to me.

A/n: I realize this looks bad but trust the process...