2018! 🇸🇬

Hi! I'm Chanel and I am from Singapore 🇸🇬 and THIS IS MY STORY.

2018, was the year that I started getting more matured so I started looking around in my own world without being in my state of dreaming about my life. I didn't knew what was gonna happen... but somehow I started having hate,death threats, and bullies around me.

Honestly speaking, that's a lot for a 8 years old girl. Yes, I was at that age when I started receiving those. People always look up to me as their role model especially my classmates but I told them not to do that, as I am hiding a lot of things about me that they wouldn't want to know.

So, whenever I went to school or when I went out I'm always smiling brightly but deep down I was crashing down.

No one could understand me and neither did I sometimes. I asked myself " why am I receiving this?" "What did I do to receive this?" But answers never came. Sometimes I even felt like cutting myself but I couldn't do it. I cried to bed, I cried in the bathroom. I cried when no one sees me.
But luckily, I knew BTS towards the end of 2018.

Their songs could comfort me when no one could. Their songs could talk to me when no one could. I can cry to their songs without being judge. And my whole fandom which I call family was one of the best supporter I could have beside BTS and some of my family members.

You might not believe my story as I know most 8 years old don't receive this kind of threats and wouldn't stan a boyband but it's up to you to believe it or not.

All I can tell you is that it was my story.

BTS has changed my life a lot. They took me out of that state. I wouldn't say I was depressed because that is nothing compared to other people.

After I knew BTS, I started loving myself and ignoring whatever people have to say about me. As of right now, (during 2021) I have already been an ARMY for 4 years plus and I started in 2018 and at the age of 8.