A Girl Who Found Her Way To The Purple Ocean 🇸🇷

Hi! I'm Sherrilyn and I am from Suriname 🇸🇷 and THIS IS MY STORY.

I was born in the second capital ( Nickerie) of a country name Suriname. Growing up at an Asian family wasn't easy for my, I had lots and lots of struggle at school, because I was Asian I always gets bullied by classmates or other students of the school.

At school I never had any real friends they would be friends with me only for 1 week and then they leave me alone. Getting bullied and they always made fun of my name, which makes me hate who I am and the name my ancestors gave me. I kept asking my self back then why I was even born into the cruel world, what I do to deserve this cruel and hard life.

But 1 thing that kept me going was music. For me listening to music is like being in another world, being somewhere where no one can hurt me. In the year 2012 or 2013 I started to listen to kpop music because I felt like their music are like me, most of the people don't understand you nor like you because you're different.

It was 2015 the year when my life started to change. I came a cross a boy band name BTS. I listen to their songs and I've noticed their hidden message that they wrote in their song. They made me feel wanted, needed and loved. They become my comfort zone whenever I felt down or have hard time I listen to their music and it makes me feel happy.

Since then I wasn't ashamed about who I am, they made me believe in my self and to love myself. Now for first time I know why I was born in this world, in this generation is being part of ARMY and witness BTS. I'm glad I was born but kinda sad that I couldn't be part of ARMY back in 2015 and that I stan them little late.

Now I feel like I don't need anyone(like fake friends) I got 7 best friend who lives 15,363 km away from me but they are always in my heart because distance is just a number.

Today I stand here in my two feet and I can say this proudly My name is Chi Lee Feng Sherrilyn Sie Tjam Soi, I'm a electrical engineer and yes I am a girl who study engineering because that's my dream.

And there are 7 boys who taught me not to give up on my dreams. I'm a girl who live in Suriname and I'm a BTS Army.