Love Yourself 🇯🇲

Hi! I'm Jahnia and I am from Jamaica 🇯🇲 and THIS IS MY STORY.

Just a few years ago I was so lonely and afraid of the world..I was scared of how people would look at me and what they will say,..around the summer I went to Kingston to spend sometime with my cousin, while staying with her she tried introducing me to bts but I wasn't really interested.

I literally didn't have a social life outside my family, I normally just spend my time writing stories and poems..around the time of August 13, 2018 I was listening to a random playlist on YouTube when I heard bulletproof the eternal. I didn't understand what the song was saying at all times but I started feeling my tears running down on my cheeks, after that I started listening to different types of BTS songs based on how I was feeling.

After that summer I went back home because I was about to start high school. I didn't have much friends but I did have a friend that I could tell anything I wanted to, for the first 4 weeks of high school I stayed at my friend's house.

At that time I didn't have a phone so I didn't get to listen to BTS much, I was telling my friend about BTS, when she told me she already knew them, judging by that I taught she must have had some of their songs but unfortunately she didn't..at school I meet new people but none of them seemed to like BTS, and it was all because of one stupid reason, they taught BTS members except namjoon was gay...I know that they are not gay but if they were I would have supported them just as much as I do now because someone is not define by their asexuality but by their personality..

During my first year of school I didn't really talk about BTS because every time I did someone had something bad to say about them... In my second year of high school I got a new phone , I was so excited because I could now listen to BTS freely . I was once again in a class full of new faces except for my friend that I mentioned earlier (let's just call he Mandy OK).

I felt some what relieved but as days went by I only Wished that we weren't in the same class, don't get me wrong, I did love her she was like my best friend but when you are around someone for so long you start seeing all their different sides.

Mandy was really good at making friends because she gives off a very innocent vibes until you actually get to know her, I liked her personality but sometimes I just can't take how she behaves . As far as I knew she liked BTS maybe as much as I did back then but I came to realize that she likes attention more, she started hanging out with the popular kids so that means she couldn't listen to BTS because they didn't like them.

I realized that she started being distant from me, we stopped having sleepovers and she started listening to Blackpink instead of BTS..I didn't finish 8 grade because of corona so we started having online classes..I went back to Kingston where I now am, I created a tiktok account and started posting, not only did this help me to communicate more but it also helped me.

To meet new friends that love bts just as much as I do, and for this I thank BTS for making me love myself and not be afraid of the world because after all we are all human right?