My Healing Story 🇵🇭

Hi! I'm Riel and I am from the Philippines 🇵🇭 and THIS IS MY STORY.

I'm an ARMY for almost 4 years now and still counting. I've been bullied since I was in grade 1 because of my physical appearance and for once I did not attempt to fight back.

To sum it all up I was bullied for seven years. I didn't have any trusted friends.. some were just after the food I gave them. I didn't trust or wanted to be friends with them but I had to so I can fit in to society or else they would bully me even more because I don't have friends. I told my mom about the bullying when I was in 1st grade but she insisted I was overreacting.. So starting that day I didn't tell her anything nor my father. I kept up with all the pent up frustration the anger I felt. I felt pathetic. The friends I had turned against me. I was there when they needed me but they did not do the same.

2nd grade started I thought I want to have a refreshing start, making friends and such. I had this friend I sat beside with because my mom told me to when she dropped me off.

I thought she was nice but.. months later she manipulated me, Even if it was her fault she made me feel guilty and I apologized because of it. This had been going on for the whole school year even my other friend who's also my neighbor didn't help. It angered me but I kept going.

Fast forward to 4th grade me and my family moved into a different subdivision also a different school. I thought 'This is gonna be a fresh start. I hope I make friends.' I was wrong.. This is where they started bullying me because of my appearance. It made me question why I was born like this but regardless of the bullying I kept going through life even if it means I have to zip my mouth and avoid them. As usual the friends I wanted to trust fully also joined in the bullying.

This is getting long.. I'll go to when I discovered BTS.

Around summer someone from minecraft told me about BTS she told me I could call her 'Hobi'. She told me I should watch B,S & T and Spring Day..

I did but it did not interest me that much back then. But when I was in 7th grade it was september back then. BTS released DNA. My friends kept recommending BTS to me since I started in High school.

I was bored back at my house so I searched BTS I came across their song DNA, I watched it and I was amazed. I started watching more and more videos of them. I got so into them that I kept going til I was in 8th grade and during the time I started stanning them they always say 'be confident' , 'be who you are'. Their songs, stories and kind and comforting words made me to who I am today. BTS saved me from my sadness, my loneliness. Because I know they're always there.

I once wanted to fit in society and be normal like other people and just stay silent to people who are bullying me.. but BTS wanted the opposite for me, for ARMY, for every people out there.

They want us to embrace ourselves to matter how weird we are.

They want us to be confident enough to fight back to people who clearly deserves it.

And that's how BTS healed me.