Finding Hope Through Their Story 🇯🇲

Hi! I'm Daynea and I am from Jamaica 🇯🇲 and THIS IS MY STORY.

Growing up I was raised by my grandmother and her husband which I considered as my grandfather. So they were the parents I knew my whole life, while my real mother and father lived else where. As I said my grandmother raised me and when I was 12 she sent me to school only for me to come home and find out that she died while looking for a nurse uniform for me to wear to my career day at school.

The day that she was looking for the uniform she had an appointment to the doctor but because I was a really chubby child my size was hard to find so she ended up missing the appointment because of me. After she died I came to live with my real parents and I started high school where I was teased alot because of my weight and I ended up loosing some but I'm still not happy. While loosing weight my grades were really BAD and my mother slapped me and told me I'm good for nothing and I'm stupid. My father is very verbal always cursing me and while my brother is spoiled as hell.

So at this point I was stressed with my weight, my grades and trying to get things done right.

However, one day I stumbled upon a k-drama on tiktok and I took interest in it and started watching clips on YouTube. Due to that a lot of Korean related things were on my recommendation page. But I was very ignorant and didn't want to indulge in it until I saw a BTS try not to cry challenge and I clicked it to see what its about and it was a clip of Taehyung talking about his grandmother and he was saying she passed and I instantly gravitated towards the story because I could relate to it.

Another clip was talking about Yoongi and his parents and how they weren't supportive of him and I related as well and I cried with them, then I saw a video talking about Jimin and people calling him fat and him being insecure and I felt for him. I understood his pain.

So by now I'm watching BTS try not to cry, BTS try not to laugh ,I started listening to songs , found out about Vlive and weverse and it was one night while watching a run episode I caught myself smiling at my phone and that's when I realized that I was.... happier and more emotional than before.

BTS made me happy without me realizing it. They made we want to try and love myself more, to fight for my dreams more despite who doesn't agree. BTS made me want to love like there is no tomorrow