1 • 1 • 1

Before you read this, if you haven't read the Webtoon or Manhwa yet, then I have to warn you that there will be some spoilers. There will also be OOC and grammar mistakes, and more.

- Second Chance -

Charlotte cursed her own life.

She wasn't someone who likes to curse someone or something, but she felt that if she didn't curse her own luck, she would really regret it.

It was just a small accident.

It was supposed to be a small accident.

Charlotte huffed and huffed. She can't move anymore, not with her broken legs. She could only lean against the wall and surrender.

Those flames didn't have eyes and their only task was to devour everything that lied on their paths. Charlotte wasn't an exception.

But she had survived an accident before. Who knows that this time God will be merciful and save her again? Last time, the car crash took her brother's life and both of her legs. Now, if God will save her, will it be her face or her hands?

She chuckled at her thought. She has nearly died once so she wasn't really afraid of death. With both of her legs crippled like this, maybe death would be better.

But what she regretted was that she had tried to survive this far and now, she was going to lose everything. The parents who used to neglect her had paid more attention for her. She had struggled and survived from the nightmares and thoughts that were trying to haunt and to devour her. Although things weren't good as before as she was now a cripple, she had made it.

Should she laugh or cry when misfortune hits her again when she had just escaped from the darkness? At this kind of moment, Charlotte remembered the saying that "good people will keep dying while bad people will live longer". She laughed bitterly.

She can't continue anymore. Everyone was busy saving their own lives that they had forgotten about her. Struggling was a futile attempt to do and she could only surrender to her fate.

'It seems like my time has reached the end. I'm going to die today with these flames burning my body to ashes whether I like it or not. I don't mind dying, but I just don't want to leave them....like this.'

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Charlotte, Charlotte."

Charlotte opened her golden eyes and looked at her right.

There was a man with blue hair and blue eyes who looked at her with the worried expression.

What was he doing in her room?

She yawned and rubbed one of her eyes as she sat down on her bed. She knew that it was still midnight. Tiredly, she asked the man, "What is it, brother?"

"I can't sleep and want to look for you" the blue haired man answered. His arms were crossed on her bed as he sat down on the floor. "But when I come in, I saw you sweating and keep muttering about 'save me' and sort of those. Do you have nightmare?"

The person who was worried about her was her beloved brother Altaira Everest. But now, his name was Khun Altaira Rain, a descendant from Khun Family.

"It's nothing, it's nothing" she said while waving her palm.

Her brother looked at her with that worries look for a few moments, "Before I die in that car crash, you used to be a cheerful child. Every single day you would always pull pranks and tricks. But now, after seeing you again, you look different. Did something happen?"