2 • 143 • 155

- War -

Having seen everything enough from below, White remembered his past.

Once was a floor master, but now he was reduced into nothing.

He remembered when he was young, he ran towards Arie Hon with the cheerfulness and naivety of a child.

"I thought hard and long about what you told me! When you told me to leave this place and  become a demon, maybe you meant I should train myself to be a ruler and look after my subjects and then come back here!"

"....No," Arie Hon immediately denied his words. 

"Pardon...?"

"What I meant was... I see the seeds of demon in you. So leave this place. Go to the deep, damp, and dark lair of evil. That's the best place for you to develop your power. While you're there, use your rage to me as a fuel and increase your power by burning and devouring the souls of the weak."

As he walked away, without even glancing at him, he added, "Perhaps you are destined to fail and incinerated to dust, but that is what you were born for. Don't deceive yourself. Give yourself over the joy and pleasure of killing until everything seems pointless one day."

"Hey! Hoaqin!"

The sound of the last clone inside him woke him to reality.

"What are you doing? Aren't you going to help him?"

He could feel that his power was returning again, although it was far from his prime.

"Don't worry. I'll keep my promise."

≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫

The explosion almost caused both Kong and Pinnacle to fall, but out of greed and ambition, Pinnacle chose to risk their lives and join the battlefield.

"Open Door D- 12."

The door of the train was opened and orange vines with thorns appeared to take over their warship. The two of them were left to fall from such height as Sachi and his team took it over.

H- 14, the woman with pink rabbit ears noticed it. Yet before she could do something about it, she sensed attacks were coming from below.

[ Dance of the Dead ]

She managed to dodge them and chose to move upwards. But when she saw another attack coming from above, her heart skipped a beat and she wondered,

'Why... is it coming from above?'

The sword slash cut her abdomen as she lost her life and fell downwards. And as she descended to the ground, White flew upwards to join the fulfill his promise.

Dorian Frog was surprised to hear the news. A powerful sword strike was aiming for his life when he blocked it with his hammer.

'This power...! It's different from before!'

It felt stronger than before.

"Thanks," said White as he stood before Dorian Frog again. "I haven't gotten any fresh air in a long while. Back when I was in my prime, I couldn't take two steps without running into guys like you. But now, even you look like a real feast."

The sword on his hand began to glow again with power.

[ White- Style Spirit Sword : Incinerating Splash of Dead ]

As Dorian Frog used the same mucus to defend against his attacks, he couldn't help but to feel worried of the power he was facing now.

'Could this guy really be... that ancient slayer?'