2 • 41 • 52

- Catching the Sweet Fish -

Hoaqin didn't understand why FUG would decide to give the brown haired girl to him if he wins this competition.

He watched how Charlotte was trying to get something from the boy from Khun Family foolishly. There didn't seem to be anything special from her aside from her mysterious and strange ability. Her ability that could froze something for a few seconds out of blue was indeed mysterious, but that couldn't be enough for her to be selected as a slayer candidate.

From his side, the one who got the ten Dallars were Rachel, the one who has been using the strange application Emily to help him find his siblings or what they call as "clones" and Buelsar Elliot, the mad dog from FUG. The two of them also headed towards the stadium.

Meanwhile, Charlotte was still thinking whether Khun really misunderstood her or not. She was afraid that she would offend him when he was just acting and pretending to get things done quickly.

"Khun, it's not that I'm feeling uncomfortable around you" Charlotte tried to explain to him. "It's just that....that rotten brother of mine....he switched his Dallar and mine. I--!"

"You don't have to explain" Khun cut her words. "I knew that."

"Ha?" Charlotte was puzzled.

"Altaira switched your Dallars and claimed yours to be his, as well as passing all the work to you, I know that" Khun said to her.

"Then why....why did you not....."

"Expose him? It's because I also don't want to work with him" Khun answered. "And I thought that it would be amusing to see you getting mad once."

Charlotte literally stopped on where she was standing and looked at Khun in disbelief. She was lost in words when she heard it.

"........Khun, has someone ever said that you are irritating person?" Charlotte asked him with a forced smile that was mixed with disbelief and irritation. "I thought we are friends for all these years and that you will stand on my side. I did not expect that you are actually someone like this. You really make me disappointed. Don't you know that I am actually a vindictive person?" 

"It's just a small joke" he said with a smile. "And besides, you don't seem to have the brain to be able to get back on me."

"Haven't you heard that as long as someone has the will, he will eventually find the way?"

While the two of them talked down below and headed to the stadium, Noah approached Altaira.

"Why did you do that?" He asked.

"Do what?"

"Don't pretend to be innocent" Noah said. "You switched your Dallar with Charlotte's. Why would you do that?"

"Because I don't like that work" Altaira bluntly answered. "You know me, I'm a freeloader. What's more is that I'm not someone who could miss the chance of pissing the others off."

Noah did not answer.

He didn't say a word and turned around, leaving Altaira all on his own.

Even though he had watched for Altaira and exchanged a few words with him, he surely didn't understand what was running on his mind. He could make himself useful or prove how strong he was, but he never done that. He rarely did that. He just told the others to do his tasks and works. Could it be that he was trying to hide his real power from his comrade? The thought crossed Noah's mind.

Altaira himself was glancing at Noah. He still felt that he missed something about this white haired man but he didn't know what it was.

'Oh well, the show is more important than that guy for a moment' he thought as he looked again at the stadium.