2 • 110 • 122

- Bird and Cloud -

ALTAIRA'S POV

When I first opened my eyes, I never expected myself to be a small baby.

When I first opened my eyes, I realized that I had somehow reborn with my memories of the past still with me.

When I first opened my eyes, I didn't know where I was. I didn't know where I have been reborn. I was in a strange and random place.

'Charlotte! Where is she?'

The car crash had killed me, I know that. But what about Charlotte? I struggled to look my left and right only to find myself alone in the room.

'Ah.... she's missing....!'

She was probably still alive. She probably survived the car crash. I knew that I should have felt happy about it but...

Tears dropped from my eyes as I began to cry like how a baby would.

Or maybe she had died. She had died and reincarnated, separated from him.

Being born as the oldest son in that cold family... she was my only source of warmness. When I first saw my younger sister, I immediately knew that she was a gift sent by Gods for me, someone who will care for me... someone who I will protect.

The moment when I saw such a fragile creature sleeping peacefully on the bed... I knew that we would always be together regardless of the situations, since no one wanted both of us.

In their eyes, we were just tools.

But fate was too cruel as it separated both of us.

Was it wrong for me to wish for her to die together with me at the time? If I have to be reincarnated to a random place like this, I wanted her to be on my side as well. That way... that way we will have the chance to go through our lives like before....

'I couldn't leave her alone in that cursed mansion. Who will comfort her? Who will accompany her? Who could understand her as better as I am? Who will protect her for me?'

I never trusted my parents. The moment I learnt the cruel truth... the moment when my father looked at me as if I was his biggest enemy... like I was someone who shouldn't have existed... when he said it clearly those painful words, our relationship as father and son has ended.

Ah... there was no such of relationship from the beginning.

"I will never be your father. You are just a thing that our parents had been waiting for to bind me with that woman. Don't expect me to treat you like you are my son... for that will only bring you disappointment."

"You will never be my son."

I hated that man. I despised him. Since he didn't need me as his son, then I would never see him as my father. I promised to myself that I would never see my parents as my real parents. They were just the one who brought me to the world. That's all. 

'How cruel and cold- hearted he was. To think that he was able to say those words to a kid....'

I wish I could grit my teeth and clench my fists-- no, I wish that I could just punch that man right on his face and beat him. I was wrong at the time. Rather than running away and lived just like how he wanted, I should have punched him first and spent all his wealth. I should have drove him mad before dying like this.

But unfortunately, I didn't have this chance anymore.

As I was crying loudly worrying about Charlie, worrying about her life there and complained about our sudden separation like this... the door was opened by someone.