2 • 132 • 144

- Temporal Freedom -

Raisin planned to leave on his own when someone held his wrist and stop him.

"Let me go instead," said that person. "I know what you're talking about."

"... you don't know the way," Raisin replied, looking at him with a stoic expression.

"I have my own ways to find her," he argued.

Raisin slapped away his hand, "Look. We don't have time to get sentimental here. We must act rationally for the survival of everyone here."

"Which is why you must stay here," the man began to explain, "You are the guide. And aside from that bastard, you are the one with brain here. So you must find the way out for us."

Raisin pondered over his words. When he spoke in that way, his explanation did sound logical.

"But what about you? Are you going to risk your life again and meet your sworn enemy? When you are not prepared at all to face him?"

He was silenced by his words. Raisin asked him with a glare out of worry. He knew that every single person there was worried for his safety if he chooses that dangerous path, but he knew that he didn't have any other choice. There was no one else more fitting for this role but him.

"I can't let him take people who I care away again."

≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫

Zahard returned by Khun Edahn's side to discuss about what they should next. Now that the second thorn had awakened itself and trying to take Bam leave from the Hidden Floor, things could get different.

Khun Edahn looked at the format on his palm and then swallowed it without hesitation, surprising Zahard.

"Hey! Why are you taking that?!" Zahard's Data asked him. "Weren't you going to make the real me eat it to get rid of him?!"

"Oh well, I've got nothing to lose either," he said casually. "Obtaining the bracelet comes the second. Helping that power getting Bam out of here is the top priority. I'm turning this world into a void now."

"I'm not sure if I'll be able to control the power of this format," he admitted as he felt the power rising inside him. "But I'll focus the power for a moment somehow and make that guy let Bam go. So provoke him as much as you can and steal the bracelet."

The electricity was coming from him to all directions. The power was starting to explode inside him.

"This time... I really need your support!"

"... All right!"

Again, Zahard's data leapt towards the real him. In the same time, Khun Edahn suffered the consequence of swallowing the format, "AHHH! DAMN IT...! THIS REALLY... HURTS LIKE HELL!"

'... what a baby,' Zahard thought. Then, he looked at the sky, noticing that there was something wrong. The blue sky of the data world was starting to disappear, and not only from that spot, but from anywhere else. His digital hand that was choking Bam was also disappearing.

'Just be gone!' Edahn sincerely prayed. 'Turn it back into nothing...! That bastard's hand...!'

And just like what he desired, Zahard's hand that choked Bam disappeared along with the data world.

≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫

He had always respected tough and brave warriors.

Just like how he respected Noah's mother, Leola, fought against him until her death to protect her family. She had gained his respect and for that reason, he granted her last wish which was to allow her descendants to live longer.