2 • 103 • 115

- Fallen Deep -

'I clearly told myself to not fall deeper. But, it seems like it was too late.' 

"Charlotte...?"

Charlotte caught his hands, preventing him from walking further which made him surprised.

She lowered her head, eyebrows were frowning with serious expression and didn't say a word. In the middle of her thoughts, her face showed that she was seriously using hard to think about this matter. The matter where Khun Aguero Agnes would be badly wounded by his sworn enemy.

She didn't want that to happen. Right now, every since character in the Tower of God was like her family already. Her heart which was fragile, compared to her strength, endurance and talent, wouldn't be able to take that.

She bit the bottom of the lips.

It was either to let him go or to stop him there.

But it wasn't possible to stop him.

Khun looked at the brown- haired girl and could tell that this time, she was thinking for him. She was worried of him knowing that he might just get severely wounded during this fight. However, he was prepared for it. He knew that he would get hurt and he was ready for it.

For Khun, it wasn't a bad idea for him to fight against Charlotte and Bam. However, whenever he fought alongside them, seeing their terrifying talents and strengths and powers, sometimes, he felt left behind, especially by Charlotte. Sometimes, the fact that he was protected again and again by her sometimes hurt his pride, even though he understood that it was because she was stronger than him and that she was a Wave Controller, the main offense of the team while he was just a Light Bearer. Of course, this doesn't mean that Light Bearers were inferior to Wave Controllers.

But just because he was a Light Bearer didn't mean that he couldn't fight. He could fight, but preferred to be a Light Bearer due of his hobby to boss others' around. He could fight and do not wish to be underestimated. Therefore, this time, she couldn't come with him and he can't let her come with him.

It wasn't because he wanted to have a real fight against his sworn enemy, but he can't let them know about her existence.

'I have to finish this on my own' he thought as he spoke to Charlotte in his usual tone, "Charlotte, I have to go now."

".........."

She very much wanted to ask him that if she could find the exit before he defeats his sworn enemy, could she go and help him? But the result was already obvious in her heart, that he won't let her go.

'No, I should be clear- headed.'

She let go of his hands and looked at him.

'You can't stop him. You also can't convince him. You can only let him go.'

She took a deep breath and sighed.

'So be it.'

"You still have the mirror, right?" She asked him.

"You mean this one?" He took the glass mirror out from his lighthouse.

"Yep, that one" she said and pointed her index finger to the mirror.

'That's mine, you lovesick fools' Noah inwardly thought as he glared at them in unhappiness. 'You haven't returned to me yet. What makes you think it's yours?'

"Your sworn enemy is probably someone like you. Annoying. Scheming. Manipulative. And tricky" she said with a calm but fake smile, offending him whenever she had the chance and he knew it. "If you are in danger or severely wounded, or you need help, then you could ask for my help with it."