2 • 141 • 153

- Callan -

Underneath the peaceful surface of the Last Station, chaos and tension were slowly overtaking the serenity.

"The regulars on the train right now are guilty of teaming with FUG to take over the train and manipulate it to reach the top of the tower. This is a serious, unforgivable crime which violates the rules of tower."

Using a communication device, the High Priest Arthur had a discussion with the ruler of the Last Station. He was a gloomy man who had lost his ability to walk and spent his life on wheelchair, Lee Xiawun.

"So in order to make example of them and prevent anything like this from happening again, the Zahard Family wants to have them arrested for their crimes. As the ruler of the station, we also need your cooperation."

"What exactly do you need....?" Lee Xiawun asked after pondering it carefully.

"First, let our advance guards stay here. The same goes to the rankers and regulars who have been ordered to come. And when the train arrives in a month, don't open the station's dock. If they enter the station, we, rankers, won't be able to touch them. Although it won't happen, but if they do, work with the regulars to hunt them down and hand them over to us."

"... but this is a station for regulars," Lee Xiawun softly argued, because the Last Station that he created was supposed to be a resting and relaxing place for regulars who have finished the train by exhausting their bodies and minds. If he captured regulars inside his station, he would be going against the vision and mission of his Last Station.

"I know," Arthur said. "But this isn't a request. This is an 'order' from the royal army. You must know that in the worst- case- scenario, we'll have to close this station and kill everyone, right? The administrator of this floor is aware of the situation. We need you to obey this order."

Lee Xiawun groaned inside. He was left with nothing to say. It was not because he had agreed with the order, but because he had no power to speak. His dissatisfaction was shown on his expression.

"... alright."

Once he has gained the approval of the ruler of Last Station, he returned just to find two of his subordinates were drinking with one another.

"The beer here is amazing!"

"I know, right? It's off the hook!"

"Wow, I didn't know you know words like that!"

"I'm trying to keep up with youngsters nowadays."

"Whoa!"

"Who said you could drinking in the middle of your work?" His voice interrupted their casual conversation. "Are you enjoying yourself?"

"HIGH PRI... I MEAN CHIEF!" One of them, Charlie, was surprised by his sudden arrival and stood up immediately. He ran towards him and asked, "How did it go?"

"He didn't seem to like it but he accepted it for now. But we'll have to see what he actually does to know for sure," Arthur explained.

Charlie rubbed his head and said, "Haha! Well, that's great, isn't it? That was easier than expected! To be honest, I was worried that it might go wrong and we'd get executed when we got back... I can't believe the regulars on the train broke the rules~"

Arthur's expression suddenly became solemn.

"... well, they did...."

The two were confused with what he was saying.

"But even still, ordering us to punish them?" Arthur doubted the orders. "I have a bad feeling about this."

No matter what, the criminals were still regulars. It should be suffice just to send several higher ranking regulars or ordinary rankers to deal with them, unless they were powerful enough to get many higher- ups involved. His gut was telling him that the mission was quite fishy and it might not go as easy as what everyone expected.