2 • 42 • 53

- Second Round: Transferring the Sweet Fish -

They have earned fifteen Dallars for their victory in the first round.

"You aren't that bad for a slayer candidate" one of the regulars said to Charlotte.

"Yeah, it's surprising that you could make it."

"Could I take that as a compliment.......?" Charlotte asked with a forced smile and also with a vein popping on her head.

Bam approached Charlotte, "You aren't hurt right?"

Charlotte was about to answer it when she thought of a better way to respond to it, "You guess?"

"It seems like you aren't hurt" He responded and patted her head. "Well done."

Khun who glanced at Charlotte noticed that her golden eyes seemed to be brighter than before after she heard the last two words from Bam. 

Khun who won the Sweet Fish now had the Sweet Fish following and sticking him everywhere he went. He whispered to Bam and told him, that the only reason why he saved Rachel was because of him. If he was given another chance to kill her, then he can't guarantee whether he could restrain himself again.

Both of the sides had twenty minutes of break to prepare themselves for the second round. Khun who sat down on the floor looked quite focused and serious.

'For now, we've passed the first round. It's a relief. I was worried that they would rule the game unfairly, but it didn't happen yet.'

Khun's cobalt blue eyes were locked at Vicente who was currently reading his book, ignoring Wangnan and Rak who were shouting at them. Seeing how Vicente whom he thought as one of Hoaqin's copies or clones standing with Wangnan, he began to assume that there must be a conflict between these clones or copies.

'These guys....surely are fishy.....I'm sure they're hiding something. What kind of secrets would these guys be hiding?'

"Are you curious with what they're hiding?" Charlotte suddenly popped next to him, asking him the question that he was currently thinking. 

"....Why are you here and not with Bam?" Khun asked her. Usually, wherever Bam goes, Charlotte would always follow and stick to him.

Charlotte sat down on the floor and crossed her legs. She put down her fan on the floor and began to tie her brown hair into a bun.

"I'm here to look for you, is it wrong?" Charlotte asked him.

"....You are looking for the Sweet Fish right?" He guessed and Charlotte just smiled even wider.

The Sweet Fish, when it saw Charlotte, it immediately avoided her and moved to the other side of Khun.

"Come on, Sweet Fish" Charlotte tried to talk with the Sweet Fish. "I was just joking earlier. I won't eat you even if you are very, very big."

The Sweet Fish didn't seem to believe in her and even moved further away.

'You look serious with your words earlier though.' Khun cleared his throat and asked, "You know something about Hoaqin?"

"Of course" Charlotte nodded her head. Her brown eyes turned around to look at Hoaqin who was doing his own business along with his younger sister, Anna. "I know that they're from Arie Family. They are the descendants from Arie Family who wished to be stronger and outshine their father."

"What?"

"You heard me clearly" Charlotte said to him. "Years ago, more than six centuries ago, Hoaqin found a spell that will allow him to be one with his siblings. He and Vicente--the boy with Wangnan and Anna-- the little girl next to that Hoaqin, along with the others, they worked together and became one person. Together, they became the slayer candidate."