2 • 129 • 141

- Three Routes; Three Trials : Part 6 -

"You said that you were trapped inside a Chrysanthemum Tree where your power got suppressed as weak as D- rank regular?" The pink- haired lady concluded the story that she told her.

"Do you have any idea what could that power be?" Charlotte asked her.

The pink- haired lady was quiet for a moment. Her expression had changed to solemn and Charlotte could feel the tension on the air. She tried to ignore it and acted calm, waiting for the answer that she was looking for.

"Charlotte."

When her name was called, she expected the answer to fulfill her curiosity. But the pink- haired lady, instead of giving her the answers that she wanted, she gave her a warning instead.

"If you ever encounter that kind of power, run away."

"Why?!" Charlotte asked her, surprised.

"Because with the current level of your strength, you won't be able to win against it," she explained. "I've fought that power once. It's very troublesome."

"If it's because of my strength is lacking, then you have to train me harder so that I could live up your expectations and learn the truth of that mysterious power! Give me the power to defend myself."

The pink- haired lady looked at her in worry. Though it was nice to see her eyes brimmed with determination, but as young as she was, she was unaware what kind of monster she was actually facing.

Even so, what she said was not wrong either. Given to her talent and determination, it will just be a matter of time for the truth to be revealed towards her. And she needed something that would be able to protect herself until she had proven her strength.

"I could teach you a method, just in case you encounter one of them." The pink- lady said towards her. "This method is created by me, and it's called [ Cleanse ]."

≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫

The [ Shinsu Black- Hole Sphere ] that Charlotte created managed to hit the puppet.

After reading the manhwa, Charlotte knew that the [ Shinsu Black- Hole Sphere ] had an interesting effect to remove poisons or things similar with "debuffs", but when it came to the puppet, the [ Shinsu Black- Hole Sphere ] seemed to have no use. The puppet was still standing, incapable of feeling pain after she gave up her sanity.

'As long as I can pull her back to my domain, then I can still overpower her!'

Charlotte was sure that the cause of the sudden increase of the puppet's power and her lost of sanity was related with the tattoo of black lotus on her arm. Ever since it started to glow and emanated black smoke, Charlotte was sure that there was something suspicious with it. And the only way to confirm her suspicion is to win the fight quickly.

'But the problem is that the more I attack her, the more she gets wilder and the stronger the black mist becomes.'

The puppet managed to scratch her cheek when she tried to dodge her sharp claws.

Charlotte knew how amazing her own lotus could be in terms of healing. The lotus was lacking in offensive and defensive power, but its healing was fast and comforting. But just like the day when she was trapped in the Chrysanthemum Tree, there seemed to be something stopping her healing.

'I'm sure of it, that this energy is the same with the one that threatened Khun and me.'

Charlotte could feel that her stamina was at the edge of being depleted.