2 • 52 • 63

- Nightmare -

"You want to stay with them? What right do you have for that?"

Charlotte realized that she was back again, back to the core of the motor engine of the Hell Train where she watched boiling acid being poured inside and exploded from all directions and began to devour and harm her friends.

Their cries for help and pain echoed on her ears. Her golden eyes watched them in horror and worry.

'I have to save them!'

She wanted to use shinsu but strangely, she couldn't use it at all. She can't use shinsu.

"Why?! Why it isn't working?!" She asked to herself.

"Why won't you save us?"

"Are you going to betray us?"

"Aren't we friends?"

"Let's die together then."

"You want to save them? How are you planning to do that?"

Charlotte turned around to see who was talking on her back.

Her golden eyes widened widely that they might fall from her eye sockets.

Behind her, there was a familiar figure who sat on the wheelchair. The familiar figure who was now looking at her as if she was judging her had an appearance that resembled her. If it wasn't for their hair color and eyes color that were different, one might thought that they were the same person.

She had long black hair tied into a messy bun and a pair of green forest eyes. She was wearing a black turtle-neck sweater with long soft yellow skirt that reached her ankles. She was wearing a pair of white socks and also a pair of white shoes.

Her hands were placed on the wheelchair and she looked at Charlotte while tilting her head a bit. Her green eyes were however cold.

"Don't forget--" she said to her, resting her cheek with her knuckles.

Charlotte gasped.

After she said the two words, half of her adorable face suddenly became disfigured. Half of her face was disfigured by fire that once devoured her and the sight was truly terrifying.

"--you can't even save yourself. Let alone others."

"AAHHH!!"

Charlotte opened her eyes again.

She was huffing and coldly sweating, her complexion was rather pale. Her breath was messy. There were dark circles under her eyes. 

"You are awake" a male voice said.

Charlotte looked at the person next to her and was bewildered.

At the first glance, she thought that it was Altaira, her brother. But when she blinked once more, she realized that it wasn't Altaira at all.

"You?"

"It's me."

Charlotte let out a sigh of disappointment and held her head. She was expecting one of her brothers to show herself up, because right now she felt that she wanted to hug one of them. But the one who show up was Khun instead.

She looked at him for a moment before she asked him, "Why is it you?"

"Are you disappointed because the first person you see isn't Bam?" Khun asked her.

"A little bit" she said, resting her right arm on her forehead. "Where my brothers are?"

"Altaira is probably with Celeste or Noah while Bam is in the Rice Pot" Khun answered. "You are right, the princess will actually come and save us."