2 • 150 • 162

- Scattering Petals, Denial -

The massacre of Red Echo Tribe.

After the loss of his sister, the young blue- haired boy walked down the hall weakly. After what he had done, he didn't have the energy to do anything. He ha

'Why it wasn't me?'

His head kept pondering one question.

'Why the one who died wasn't me? Why must it be her?'

What was the point of everything if the sister who he loved so much ended up dying by his plans?

As he walked in the quiet hall, he stopped before his mother's room. He felt deeply guilty and ashamed of her, the woman who almost had lost everything. As he walked closer, he discovered that the door wasn't closed.

And he heard a hysterical scream from inside.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?! MY HOMETOWN......MY TRIBE... IT HAS BEEN MASSACRED?!"

His beautiful mother who was born with silky and wavy hair and a pair of loving eyes. But now, there was no trace of the said warmness and gentleness. All that were left on her were insanity and depression. Those silky hair had became disheveled, black circles appeared underneath her eyes. Her body had became so skinny like a stick.

Her daughter, hometown, authority, and love disappeared.

"AAAAAAAHHHHH!!"

In that quiet night, she roared like a wild beast, continuously pulled her own hair in disbelief.

"THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE! IMPOSSIBLE!!"

Seeing her appearance, his guilt became heavier.

"My father... my childhood friends... my mother... my home..... my home...."

"It was reported that the murderer was supposed to be one of the villagers itself," the servant politely informed. "We've done an investigation, but we still couldn't capture the culprit."

'Lies. All lies.'

The pity on his eyes, Altaira could see it clearly. There was no reason for the family head and the others to help someone who has fallen from their positions. Their family was deprived of their authority and glory ever since Anan died. And the moment they started to show signs of crumbling, everyone started to flee away from them.

He had heard stories about her hometown. It was supposed to be a simple village with friendly people all around, and she described it with two words: "simple paradise".

But now, the paradise was destroyed. Worse, it was destroyed by one of the supposed to be friendly villagers.

"Why....? Where has it gone wrong...?"

A drop of tear fell from his right eye as he blamed everything on himself.

'It's my fault.'

It was not rage that he felt at that moment, but guilt.

He was never poisoned by rage, but guilt.

≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫

It was back then when he was a slayer candidate Jue Viole Grace.

"Are you leaving now? Where is Nox?"

"She said that she wants to look at the surroundings first," he replied. "Thank you for everything you've taught us."

"That's enough."