2 • 105 • 117

Author: I won the badminton competition today with a friend of mine, though I was actually being carried by him. So I think I'm going to celebrate our victory in being the first place by publishing two chapters.

- Zahard and Khun Edahn-

"You from the outside, look carefully with those eyes of yours. What do I look like to you right now? A human being or a monster?" 

Zahard's appearance started to change. If before he could be said as a human, but now he looked like a very terrifying monster that the two of them had never seen before.

Charlotte was deeply afraid of her past. But compared to her past, right now, the monster before her was even more terrifying and scary. She held Bam's sleeve tighter.

Inside her, the pink lotus released its power, letting her regain her composure again. The lotus was helping her to calm her mind from the fear that was caused by the monster before them. Still, she was still shaking. The effect of the lotus wasn't enough to calm her down...or Zahard was simply too strong.

As if it was protecting its owner, the lotus gave her the ability to breath again before the monster. It gave her the chance to regain her rationality instead of blindly attacking the monster. 

When she unconsciously let go of Bam, Bam who didn't have anything to calm his mind shouted and recklessly charged towards Zahard with his red thorn.

Zahard's appearance returned to the appearance of a human, "I see. So you see the monster within me too? Fine. Go ahead and struggle."

He grinned when he saw Bam charging towards him.

"Nothing beats death when it comes to ending fear- little monster!!"

"Brother! Don't!"

Fortunately, Charlotte quickly released her green vine. Her voice distracted Bam for a second and she used her green vine and had it wrapped around Bam's waist before pulling him back with the help of shinsu strengthening.

Charlotte hugged her brother who panted and panted.

'Wait...why did I attack him?' Bam silently thought. He worried at Charlotte and saw her expression, "Charlotte...?"

"Brother, you have to calm down," said Charlotte. "He's the data of the king of this tower. His power is more than what you could imagine."

'...you saved me once more.'

That was what Bam thought when he looked at his younger sister. To say that he felt relieved, he did feel relieved that Charlotte stopped him. But in the same time, he wasn't satisfied. Charlotte was able to fight the fear that was created by Zahard for a moment while he couldn't. This made him realize that Charlotte was indeed stronger than him. 

If she was stronger than him, how could he protect her?

He had to be stronger. To protect his sister would be one of his motivations to get stronger. 

"Really are a pair of little monsters" said Zahard. Even though he failed to have the two of them attack him, but he was still grinning. "Then let's see whether you can handle this-"

The man disappeared and suddenly appeared before the two of them.

Charlotte instinctively pushed Bam away and opened her palm. The pink lotus blossomed on her hand.

"Charlotte!"

[Zahard's Style Air Explosion- Iron Fist]

"AHHH!!"