2 • 72 • 84

- Accusations -

He called a ranker who could kill him in a blink of an eye as an unintelligent and immoral person....how amazing was that!

Nathan surprisingly let go of Altaira. The blue haired male fell down on the floor and coughed, holding his throat. He could finally breath normally right now.

"....I will ask you one more time. What do you want from Celeste?" Nathan asked. "How can you be so sure that you won't hurt him in the future?"

"Because that's the last thing I'll do" Altaira answered and looked at the ranker from the floor. "I would rather kill myself than betraying her."

"....bunch of nonsense."

Altaira gathered his strength and stood up again. Indeed, it was hard to win against a ranker. He spent so much energy to withstand the pressure and blood lust.

"Nonsense? You and Noah are indeed a pair of master and disciple. Neither of you give me the chance to prove my worth and the first thing that you guys do is to accuse me for taking advantage of her. What? Just because you guys know what type of person my father is, you'd think I do the same?

Come to think of it. You guys don't really have the right to talk about it. Back then when she climbed the tower all alone, taking tests and enduring the hardships, where were you guys? It was me who protected her for these eight years more. It was me who stayed with her whenever she was happy or sad, whenever she was laughing or crying. And now that the two of you are back, don't you feel embarrassed claiming that I was taking advantage of Celeste when I cared for her the most?"

"......"

His words hit both Nathan and Noah in the same time. This time, when Charlotte glanced at Noah who didn't make any expression, she was able to tell and to feel that there was some kind of guilty feelings inside him. Nathan must have felt the same thing as well.

"Just because you take care of her for eight years.....does it really guarantee that you won't do her harm?" Nathan asked.

"What? Do you want me to swear right here?"

"Promises are fragile like glass."

"Since it is fragile and you don't want to trust me, why bother with the talk?" He asked again. "Nathan, I could care less of what you and Noah are thinking, but I do wish that please don't judge me and see whether I'm worth it or not before you fully understand it. The wall is now broken by you, so you'll deal it on your own. I'm going to leave now if you don't mind."

"......." Nathan didn't say a word.

After saying those words, the five of them could see that Altaira was heading to their way or more like he was going to leave the room and catch them as well.

"Hey, come here!"

Raisin pulled Estrella's hand and did not forget to close her mouth to prevent her from shouting. Charlotte also stood up and immediately hid behind Bam along with Raisin and Estrella. Bam and Noah didn't really understand why the three of them were hiding like that.

"Why are we hiding from him?" Estrella asked, clueless.

"Can't you tell that if Altaira knows that we eavesdrop on him, he'll kill us?" Charlotte asked and made a gesture of chopping her neck with her right hand. "Even if he couldn't kill us, he'll find a way to torment us! I'm not an exception, even when I am his sister!"

"Both Noah and Bam are on different levels. Even if the two of them offend Bam, they won't have to worry about their lives."

Hearing her words, Bam smiled. He didn't really care about it since there was no way in hell Altaira could defeat him. And it wasn't like Noah was going to hide away from Altaira who he disliked.