2 • 97 • 109

- White Day -

Screaming plant monsters really deserve their names and reputations for being noisy.

These green plants had 4 limbs. With their 2 green legs they could run and their arms could be used for attacking. These monsters didn't seem to have any heads, for their heads were their big mouth that kept roaring and crying. On their throats, there were some holes.

"They're so damn noisy!"

Charlotte controlled Shinsu and got rid of most of them, leaving one of the poor screaming plant monsters behind. Whenever she breaks a chain, she felt that her Shinsu- controlling and reading were even better.

"Why are you leaving one behind?" Sachi asked.

Khun was right. With Charlotte around, these people didn't need to do anything. With her power alone, she could finish all the quests quickly, he thought.

Charlotte didn't answer.

Altaira chuckled, "If you are planning to leave one behind to let it haunt the town every single day and night, then forget about it. You have to kill it in order to do another quest."

"What?" Khun looked at her. "Do you have a grudge with the village or something?"

'Except for the free stuffs, I don't like how these people sing poorly and keep cursing my brother in the fruit of good and evil' Charlotte thought. 'They're annoying.'

With a small green vine, she stabbed the last one to death.

Mi- Eum clapped his hands, eyes were twinkling with admiration and amazement, "Wow! Amazing, warriors! You killed the screaming plant monsters in no time!"

"Can we really reduce that black gauge with this kind of thing? It's way simpler than I thought."

"Of course! When you complete quests, your evil gauge goes down! Just so you know, you received 50 good deed points for this!"

After defeating the screaming plant monsters, their evil gauge did decrease. But it was only a little. In order to completely erase the evil gauge, they need to do more missions and to make it faster, they need to finish the higher level missions. But Charlotte wasn't going to tell them that. Well, Khun might have figured it out from the beginning. It was just like a game.

Mi- Eum explained to them that the "champion villains" were different than ordinary villains. They were the villains of the quest that the "Big Breeders" personally gave to the warriors. Mi- Eum said that the existence of the "Big Breeders" were just like Gods, like administrators.

"Ahh~ they say at first, even they~ were just regular data like us~ but one day, they exceeded their limits with their own powers~" Mi- Eum began to sing a song.

'Big Breeders, huh?'

As what Charlotte thought before, Khun had figure out that in order to meet the "Big Breeders" who he strongly believed to know the location of young Zahard, they must complete even dangerous and higher- level missions.

He grinned and tapped the scroll as he came up with a good plan, "Alright. Now things are finally getting interesting."

'You could tell that something bad is going to happen when he makes that sneaky and scheming face' Altaira thought, having an ominous feeling.

≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫

After having a short warming up by defeating some minor villains, Khun decided to take things seriously and chose a C- level villain to deal with. This time, the villain was an octopus.