2 • 10 • 21

- Growth -

|Next Morning|

Khun was going to hit this young lass if he didn't remember Bam telling him to take care of his sister.

He was sure that Charlotte was the one who said that today was a big day and that they have to get enough rest. Hearing her words, he believed that she was unlike any other Sweet and Sour members and know how important it was to rest so why on earth today she looked restless and tired?

Ah, it was because she was too focused in reading comics and novels that she forgot to rest.

Khun warned her that if this happens again, then he would seriously tear off all her books and burned them right before her eyes and Charlotte who didn't want to have her books destroyed instantly promised him to not sleep late again.

The Growth Tournament and the fight between the FUG Team and the Mad Dog Team started. The FUG Team and the Mad Dog Team were the only one who survived from the all-in catastrophe.

If they could defeat the other teams' spearheads, then they will get more points. Each of the spearheads had their own enemies, but that doesn't mean they couldn't attack others who were supposed to be in the same team with them.

Charlotte sighed and fanned herself, "This is indeed a survival game."

"Yes" Khun said. "Which also mean that you have to be more careful."

"I'm a slayer candidate in disguise. These minor regulars won't be a problem."

"It seems like someone has learn to be more arrogant."

"You flatter me, I learn it all from you."

|Growth's Tournament|

"They really put lots of efforts to build this stadium!" Charlotte said and amazed. 

"Well, it's well-known that Workshop did lots of crazy stuffs" Khun replied through the observer.

Charlotte smiled and glanced at the observer, "To seek the reason behind all the existences in this tower....sounds tough." She opened her fan and fanned herself, "But I think that there are some things that should have been kept as secrets."

"Really?" Khun asked, sounded surprised. "Aren't you the nosy type?"

"Like what they said, the lesser you know, the longer you live" Charlotte said.

"Are you afraid of death then?"

The two of them were having their own talk while walking to the battlefield. If they failed to reach the battlefield in thirty minutes, then they will be disqualified.

"Half and half" Charlotte answered. "Sometimes, death would be another form of release. But sometimes, death would be nightmare since when you die, all achievements, money and glory would mean nothing. What matters will be the good deeds and bad deeds that you do in this life time that will determine about your next life."

"You sure learn a lot" Khun said through the observer.

"Of course" Charlotte responded and then cut the leaves and anything that blocked her with the fan on her hand. "See? Don't you think that I am getting smarter?"

"No, you are still foolish" he immediately replied without giving it a thought. "Back again to the tournament, don't you find our enemy weird?"

Each team could only choose one spearhead, but their enemies were actually two spearheads which made it weird. This made Khun suspected about it.

"What's weird about that?" Charlotte asked. "If I am not wrong, the two of them are actually half and half."

"What do you mean by half and half?"