2 • 73 • 85

- Storage Bracelet -

"It's a shame that the rule of the tower couldn't change easily. If we intend to change what has been set for more than five thousand years, then there will be lots of wars and fights, more people will suffer than what we want. The law of the jungle has been the part of us. Even a baby who has just born should know about that and should be ready for whatever waiting for them."

"......it must be hard for them" she replied over his words after some thoughts.

"Well, this is something that they must endure. When they face dangers, they should learn to not be afraid of death. Only when they aren't afraid of death that they won't fear and cower before the enemies" said Nathan again.

"My friend once said that as well" Charlotte added, remembering her friends in the former world.

Her friend, a woman with long dark blue hair with a pair of gentle and affectionate violet eyes and also small lips that curled up into a lovely smile, her name was Evera. Evera was older than her a few years, her age around Altaira's. She was the one who said those words to her.

"There is something that I actually want to know" Nathan spoke up. "Since you don't enjoy being a slayer candidate, why do you still want to be a slayer candidate? For what I know, FUG only need one slayer candidate."

"Because wherever brother be, I'll always follow him" Charlotte replied. "He knows the direction."

Nathan raised one of his eyebrows when he heard her response before he chuckled.

"What an obedient sister you are."

"Of course!" Charlotte responded with a proud look and tone. "My brother and I have always been loyal to those who treat us nicely!"

"You mean, Altaira?" Nathan asked about him in all sudden and Charlotte felt that there was something wrong and off.

Ah, of course, he still had some troubles and misunderstandings with Altaira.

"He's a nice guy" Charlotte said to him without hesitation. "He wouldn't hurt those who he cares for. I could promise you that."

"It's not that I doubt your brother.......but.....when it comes to my disciple, I....."

"I know. You are worried of them. My master is also like that. Even though he keeps being annoyed by me, at the end, he still cares for me and my brother." She tapped his shoulder with a friendly smile. "My Brother Altaira is a nice guy. You heard him, right? He won't betray Celeste regardless of anything. For Celeste, he even built up a team to help her climbing the tower.

Brother Altaira has no thought of betraying Celeste. He would rather fight with a ranker to death instead of betraying Celeste....or even being accused of approaching her with an ulterior motives. He sincerely wants to be with Celeste."

Nathan looked at her with a stressed and sad expression.

"Are you sure with your words?"

"If my brother does have the thought of abandoning Celeste...." She lifted her right hand and closed her palm with a confident grin. "I'll hit him until he can't remember who he is."

Nathan made a small smile. 

"You are someone who find your brothers more important than your life" Nathan said. "I doubt you could hit your brother and hurt him."

Charlotte lowered her head and looked away for that was the truth.

"Forget it." He leaned against the wall and lifted his head to look at the ceiling. "It's not like I'm going to force you to fight your own brother if that happens.....and it's not like I could separate the two of them as well."