2 • 112 • 124

Author: I participated in the competitions that were held to celebrate Indonesian Independence Day. But our class lost to all the competitions and our seniors were having a feast, taking most of the prizes while I could only watch them taking the prizes. 

- Flesh- Eating Silver Butterflies -

'Why I'm not strong enough?'

A drop of tear fell into the water, creating small ripples on it. 

Looking at the river, there was the reflection of a small and little young girl with short white hair. Her silver eyes were wet with tears as she hugged her knees, sobbing.

"What's wrong?"

A boy's voice asked.

The boy looked like he was around 5 or 6 years old as he walked next to the young girl. The boy who had white hair like snow and dark purple eyes, who else could that boy be but the young version of Noah?

"I failed again...."

Little Noah sat next to his sister and said, "Failing isn't something bad. Anyone will fail plenty of times in his life."

"But I've practiced this technique for more than a month but I still couldn't do it perfectly" said Celeste as she looked at Noah who lied down on the grass with his arms behind his head. "But you, brother, managed to master it within one week. How are you able to do it?"

"... it's just because of swordsmanship is one of my talents" Noah said. "We all have our talents. You also have one, right? Like, you are a really patient person. I'm not as patient as you."

"... but what I want is to get stronger. In that way, I could protect others."

"Do you learn that line from comic books?"

"Brother, how do you know about it?"

Little Noah sighed and sat down as he patted Celeste's head. Celeste closed her eyes while letting Noah to pat her head.

"You know, there are many important things in this tower... more important than being strong. You may not be talented in swordsmanship, but I'm sure that you are talented in another things. I'm certain of it."

"Do you take that line from comic books as well?" Celeste innocently asked.

"What?!" Noah's ears became red. "No- !! Of course no! Do you think I will read comic books just to show it off to you? What am I? Three years old?!"

Celeste just believed in her brother's words and didn't question it anymore. She lowered her head as she thought of something that made her felt uncomfortable and sad again.

"But... but... papa said that my body is weak from the beginning. I can't even awaken the flowers just like you. I also don't have talent in swordsmanship or archery. Why does God hate me this much?"

The last question scared the poor boy Noah.

"No! What makes you think God hates you? God loves you! He loves everyone! Otherwise, how can you be born as my younger sister and be this adorable?" Noah asked, comforting the sobbing Celeste again. His voice was rather loud that you could consider it as shouting in panic instead. "Aw-- don't cry! Listen, Celeste, don't you know that having great talents aren't enough to be powerful?"

"B- but... I'm not even talented... doesn't it mean I- I'm worse...?"

"N- no! You're the best! The best among the bests! A prodigy! Don't cry...."

Noah wiped the tears from her cheeks and said, "Look, you may be not strong now, but you area hard- working person! One day you will definitely awaken your power and unleash your power! Trust me!"