2 • 121 • 133

-  Escape! -

Khun couldn't stay in that place for too long. As interesting it was to see these all these memories, his main purpose to enter the chrysanthemum tree was to find Charlotte.

When he reached the end of the memories, he found a door. A brown door without a door knob.

It made him uncomfortable to open the door, because he was not sure what was waiting for him behind the door. But he had no other choice since that was the only way left for him to get out from the hall of the memories.

He felt like he was playing to someone's palm, but it was not like he could do anything about it.

'Just find Charlotte and leave from this place.'

Their friends and comrades were waiting for them back. He shouldn't be distracted again.

By the time he extended his hand, he had thought about pushing the door when a black door knob suddenly appeared. It amazed him when he saw that door knob suddenly appeared, but in the same time, it made him vigilant. To be honest, the moment when he came in the Chrysanthemum tree, he felt like he was in another realm. He felt like he was being toyed with. And he strongly believed that it had something to do with the mysterious voice who he heard.

He saw everything that the mysterious voice provided, went to wherever he wanted whether he liked it or not. But as much as he hated it, he was powerless.

The little authority that he had, connections that he had built and maintained, the skills and tricks he learnt, in front of someone whose strength was extremely stronger than him, he was powerless.

He held on the black door knob and opened the door, stepping inside with confidence that he had.

As soon as he entered another room and closed the door, the door vanished instantly.

And the scene that he saw next made him drop his jaw and held his breath.

The brown- haired woman who he was searching for was in the middle of a fight, fighting against the one who she was looking for and the sole reason for her to enter this complicated tree.

'Isn't that...?'

He recognized her sworn enemy; her old self.

The current her and her old self may share different hair color, eye color and life, but their facial structures and heart remained strongly similar or perhaps the same with each other. Without a future there wouldn't be any past, without a past there wouldn't be any future. Perhaps it was because the two of them were very similar with each other and were closer to each other than what they thought, the fight was kind of interesting to watch. No, it wasn't just interesting.

The shinsu swords were dancing against each other in perfect sync. If it wasn't for the fact that they were seeking to kill each other in this fight, this could have been a happy and fun friendly match. As beautiful, firm and clear their movements were, Khun couldn't imagine how Charlotte was feeling to have to fight herself. Unlike him, she was so warm and kind- hearted that she easily sympathize and cared for anyone else.

The fight was hardly fair, for Charlotte Everest was physically wounded and had worn out from the continuous fight. However, with the last flame and determination that she had, she was still capable of moving, although a little bit slow. And 25th Charlotte adjusted her strength as her last respect which became one of the reasons why Charlotte Everest still survived until now.

When she swung her sword towards her, 25th Charlotte lowered herself to dodge the sword and was completely unscathed, not even a single strand of hair was cut with her sworn enemy's sword. Taking that chance, she raised her sword and pierced her sworn enemy's heart.