2 • 2 • 13

- Unforgotten Past -

|Next Morning|

Things were awkward for Viole's new teammates since there were new members in their house. Apparently Ha Jinsung and Nox haven't decided to leave yet.

Nox, he had woke up in the early morning just to prepare their breakfast. When they all woke up, they found both Viole and Nox were trying to prepare them breakfast. And after he prepared all the foods, he never ate with them, giving them the impression that he was a quiet man and a loner.

Nox learnt how to cook from Viole. Since Viole was good in cooking, then he was also a good cook. But he was still a slayer candidate and a guest in their house. And because he rarely talked and had always left to look for Viole after he cleaned the house, it was hard for them to get along with him.

When he was sweeping the floor, Yeon came and approached him.

"You are a slayer candidate" Yeon said. "Why are you doing all of these?"

"Because I want to make myself useful" Nox answered.

"Useful?" Yeon didn't expect that kind of answer.

Nox then added, "So brother will praise me."

Yeon immediately understood it. So he did all of it so that he would earn a praise from Viole.

"But why are you wearing that mask?" Yeon asked him. She thought that it would be more convenient to move around without the mask that he had.

"You want to know?"

"Don't get me wrong" Yeon said. "It's pure curiosity."

Nox put his hand on the mask and covered one of his eyes. He responded, "There are several reasons for it."

Yeon thought that it should have been "reasons" instead of "options". But since he said options, then Yeon assumed that he might tell her to guess the reason why he would wear that mask.

"First, I want to make myself cooler by wearing this mask. Second, I want to hide my face and to be unrecognizable. Third, my face is ugly and creepy, so I wear this" Nox said to the her. "Which one do you believe the most?"

Yeon pondered about it. The three options were simple but they were still hard to choose. She replied, "I think that the three of them are the same."

"They aren't" he said and held the broom again. "But if you really want to see....then next time I will show you."

Yeon knew that there were people who used the word "next time" because they didn't want to do it. She thought that Nox was unwilling to show his face and therefore, she lost her interest and then left, leaving him to sweep the floor on his own.

A few moments after Yeon left and then Wangnan came as well. When Nox noticed that Wangnan has been looking at him, he asked him, "What's wrong?"

Wangnan, he recalled his talk with Hwaryun. The red haired woman told him how the twins ended up in the FUG and how they were forced to pass every single test and to be their weapons.

FUG knew that Viole and Nox won't be able to ignore their friends who needed help. They were the type of people who valued relationships a lot. And it was also because of that, FUG used their old friends to control the two of them. Thinking about the "Gods" in the FUG being treated poorly and were also their victims, he didn't really see them as villains anymore.

"Nothing."

He turned around and then left Nox to finish his work.

Nox knew what Wangnan was talking with Hwaryun but he pretended to be indifferent. Because of Hwaryun, Wangnan seemed to change his attitude toward them. He didn't fear them and maybe sympathized them.