2 • 104 • 116

- Fragments of Past -

"Her name is...Kisesia. She's my younger cousin."

"Your...cousin?"

"Yeah. Kisesia's my mom's younger sister's daughter. My mom took her in and she lived with us after losing her mother in the fight between families" Khun explained. "We have different parents but since we grew up together since we were little, the three of us were like real siblings.

Kisesia looked up to my older sister. Because my sister was the closest to being one of the Zahard Princesses from our family. But my sister was very hard to get along because of her very cold personality.

I grew up with expectations from my mom. Not so much expectations about me, more like expectations as a strategist to raise my sister to the position of a Zahard Princess. Kisesia knew that and she told me that she would also help my sister to be a Zahard Princess. I allowed it because I thought it wouldn't hurt.

Kisesia had remarkable swordsmanship even at a young age and she used that skills of hers to eliminate my sister's rivals. I don't know about the other families, but in ours, fighting like this was part of daily life."

'No wonder he didn't have a proper childhood' Charlotte thought. 'These people should learn how to survive the moment they were born otherwise they will be devoured.'

Charlotte knew that because of the simple desire to survive, the people in the tower were very vigilant and each of them was strong. Yes, some of them may behaved like jerks and unworthy bastards but that doesn't mean they didn't have their own pains.

'To think that neither of them had a proper childhood makes me sad.....'

If only there was something she could do about it. But could the hourglass on her hand could reverse back to hundred years earlier?

"Then one day, a problem arose. One of my sister's greatest rivals suddenly appeared from an unexpected place. Her name was Maria .

And..she approached me in order to beat my sister. Because she thought that I know all of my sister's weaknesses. And I accepted her proposal. I can't tell you why but I had my own reason for doing so.

Then ultimately, I got my sister disqualified and succeeded in making her a Zahard Princess. And as the result of that shock, my sister took her own life.

... Kisesia probably hated me because of that incident. I thought that all of that had ended once I entered the tower...but seeing that she has appeared as my sworn enemy, I must have been anxious that she would appear somewhere and attack me."

"............"

The boat was quiet now. 

"Well...that's that" he said with a smile, acting as if it wasn't a big deal. He looked at the one who was curious of his past and asked, "By the way, Endorsi...why don't you tell us about your sworn enemy? I heard from Bam about the thing who appeared from that gem, I mean."

He was referring to the yellow gem that Endorsi was wearing. That yellow gem was the Snake Charmer.

"What is this, a background check?"

"I told you everything. You owe me something in return."

Endorsi sighed, "Fine. Well...as I'm sure you know, I didn't have parents around when I was born so I wandered around a lot. Then one day, as I was wondering, there was this couple that took me in. They were very ordinary and good people considering that they were from the middle region. For a brief time, I was raised as an ordinary girl.