2 • 39 • 50

- Thoughts -

Ever since Charlotte left the Rice Pot, she has been behaving weirdly.

The brown haired girl who was usually lively turned quiet for these times and preferred to spend her time on her own. If the others didn't approach her, then she won't be approaching the others. If the others didn't talk with her then she won't be talking with the others. This sudden behavior made them felt worried of Charlotte.

All of them tried to ask Charlotte about what happened in the Rice Pot but Charlotte didn't seem to willing to tell them the truth. She kept saying the same thing, that she encountered an ugly creature that tried to persuade her to accept the strange power that will put her on the top. When they asked what was wrong with her, she will just answer that she was fine and there was nothing bothering her. She said that she was just thinking about the slayer nominee selection.

Most of them seemed to believe in her. Well, considering what kind of consequence will be waiting for her if they lose later on, it wasn't surprising or strange at all. Perhaps right now she was regretting her decision, they thought.

Noah wanted to approach Charlotte but since his sister, Celeste, kept spending time with Altaira, he felt uneasy and kept approaching them. The same thing happened to Altaira who officially had taken Noah as his number one opponent. Celeste who was in the middle of the two of them couldn't help but to try to stop the two of them.

Bam also wanted to know what was wrong with Charlotte. But he still should busy himself with trainings and he was being watched by Hwaryun who was strictly watching him. 

She didn't even let him sneak away just to look for Charlotte a glance.

Charlotte couldn't stop herself from thinking about what the purple lady in white said. It wasn't that her words were wrong or that she disagreed with her, but it was because this involved her identity, her goal and her power.

'Accepting my strengths and weaknesses, huh?'

If there was one thing that Charlotte was afraid then she was afraid to face her own weaknesses. She closed her eyes, thinking about her own weaknesses especially her bad luck.

"What are you thinking about?"

She opened her eyes and then found Khun Aguero Agnes was talking to her.

"Nothing" she answered. "I'm just thinking about the selection."

"Are you worried that we aren't going to win?" Khun asked. "You aren't even worried about that in the Workshop Battle. Didn't you say that you could read the future? Could it be that you are worried that we are going to lose?"

"Hm? How could that be? With brother around, we will definitely win" Charlotte answered.

"Then what are you worried about?"

"......I'm just worried that brother will get hurt" she answered.

She wasn't really lying. Since there will definitely a fight, then someone will get hurt. And the main protagonist and the center of this fight was Bam. He will inevitably get hurt.

Charlotte had thought about it so she could understand when Khun said to her that there was no way that one of their friends won't get hurt in this selection. But at least no one will die, Charlotte could assure him.

Charlotte remembered that Khun was one of the sharpest people in the companion. If she asked him about her weaknesses, then he could definitely help right?

"Oh right, there is something that I want to ask" Charlotte said to him. "Khun, you are the sharpest person in the team right? Then can you tell me about my weaknesses?"