Dear Mom

Author's note: this poem is not mine. I was just searching it on the google and found it. And I had this sudden desire to write this thing which is not related with the story because of one interesting comment.

And that comment was written by 

"Dear Mom

By Anonymous

Dear Mom, I said a prayer for you
to thank the Lord above
For blessing me with a lifetime
of your tenderhearted love.

I thanked God for the caring
you've shown me through the years,
For the closeness we've enjoyed
in time of laughter and of tears.

And so, I thank you from the heart
for all you've done for me
And I bless the Lord for giving me
the best mother there could be."

Altaira was definitely not laughing after he heard her reading that poem.

Charlotte Everest, the name of the girl who had died once and lived twice, or actually she had died twice and lived thrice if you read this author's other book, came looking for Khun with a paper on her hand. 25th Charlotte, the current name of the female protagonist in this book who spent years "waiting" a man who was slowly "paying more attention" to her, came to read him a poem.

The blue- haired boy was really confused.

'Why did you read this poem to me? Am I your mother?'

While pulling a knife from his lighthouse, Khun turned his head around to look at Bam who was standing by his right side. He smiled and looked proud at Charlotte. He was probably proud that Charlotte was capable of reading such a well- written poem that definitely did not belong to her. She may be able to speak languages that their pockets couldn't understand, curse them with the languages that they never learnt before, but she didn't know how to write a poem. She only knew how to remember and read them.

He was proud at his younger sister for managing to read such a poem in front of of the four of them. He clapped his hands and praised her again and again.

He turned his head around and looked at Noah. Noah who stood by his left side looked as confused and bewildered as him. The two of them shared the same thought:

'Why are you reading a poem for a mother for me/ Khun?'

And Altaira, though he didn't understand what made Charlotte suddenly read such a poem to Khun, somehow found that thing funny and understandable.

"Oh... God..."

The man was laughing until his stomach hurts and he can't even stand properly without leaning against the wall. The knife that Khun pulled earlier was definitely for Altaira, as he threw it towards his direction and nearly made a hole on his head if he was one second late to dodge it.

And Charlotte had this awkward and embarrassed smile on her face with blush on her cheeks as she had finally finished reading the poem for a mother.

"... why are you suddenly reading this poem for me...?" Khun asked. "Am I... your mother or something...?"

"Um... before I answer that question, can I ask you something?" Charlotte asked him back, looking afraid and scared.

"What is it?" He asked. His tone was getting more stern as the time passed. He had the feeling that this was definitely not nothing good.

"... If I tell you the truth........."

"If you tell me the truth...?"

"...... please don't kill me."