2 • 27 • 38

- Catching Up -

They failed miserably on this mission.

They failed to stop Rachel, to catch Casano and to save the train from FUG. Instead, they lost their guide Hwaryun and few of them were badly hurt.

Bam who used the thorn too much was now resting. According to Beta, Bam was fine as he was just using the thorn more than what he should. But if he kept losing his control like this, then something bad will happen to him.

The fact that the thorn was still outside of his body meant that Bam still couldn't accept the thorn completely. If they wanted to ensure Bam's safety, then they should find all the missing pieces of the thorn and then stabilize it or to let Bam to overcome it by himself. But of course, none of those two methods were easy.

Khun admitted to the others that he was the one who threw Wangnan and Ehwa Yeon inside the train. The first function of the White Heavenly Mirror was that it could seal whoever was stabbed no the heart with it. After he sealed both Wangnan and Ehwa, he threw them to the train with the help of his lighthouse and Ran.

Boro and Aka also admitted that Daniel who rode on the train with Rachel used to work together with them. After hundreds of years without news, they thought that he had died so when they saw him again today, they were surprised.

"So you're saying that someone who had died for more than hundreds of years came back to live and worked together with FUG?" Khun asked them in which Aka agreed. "That's hard to believe."

Charlotte coughed when she heard about that.

A dead person who returned back to live and worked together with FUG....that already happened on him twice right? One was when he realized that Jue Viole Grace was Bam, second was when he realized that Nox was Charlotte. Since this was the third time for him to experience something like that, how could it be hard to believe?

Of course he recalled about that but decided to ignore it.

When they brought Bam to rest, Khun said to the others that in order for them to catch up with the train, then they should stop the train first. It was something that the others had never thought before and even if they had considered about that idea, then they won't be able to do that.

"Stopping the train does sound impossible to do" Charlotte said while covering Bam with a white blanket gently. After that, she sat on the bed and looked at Khun, "But if you are the one who is going to do it, then I believe you could."

Khun, "......"

He looked at the young lass before looking away.

Altaira who was holding Charlotte's cap looked at the two of them before he began to speak: "Then since we have already figured out on how to catch up with the train and Bam's condition...."

He walked towards Charlotte and then put the black cap on her again. While holding the cap, Charlotte lifted her head to see her brother again, to hear what he wanted to say.

"Don't you think you have something more important to do, Charlie?" He asked while tilting his head with a friendly and warm smile.

Charlie, the name that he would sometimes use to call her. Charlotte thought that both of them had forgotten about it as the years after he died was more than enough to turn a pair of siblings into strangers. She used to dislike that name whenever he called her like that, but now, she felt nothing when she heard him calling her like that.

"My wounds?" She guessed.

"You don't plan to walk around with those wounds right?" Altaira asked back. He pointed to her jacket and said, "Your jacket is also stained with blood. The fight is sure though, huh?"