2 • 15 • 26

- Final -

Sophia, she felt guilty that she won't be able to make Beta perfect. She believed that if she made him perfectly, then he would have been happier.

When she was young, she was also an orphan. She was able to be a researcher since she was smarter than other children and ever since she became a researcher, she wanted to make those children who were also an orphan and taken as subject experiments happy. She believed that if she could make them perfect, then they would be happy.

Charlotte sat down on the ground and leaned against the wall while listening to Sophia's words. The wall was broken thanks to Beta earlier.

"I don't have the same idea with you" Charlotte said to Sophia. "Do you really think that you would be able to create something perfect without flaw?"

For a moment, her words sounded harsh, as if she was looking down on her ability. But she was actually being honest for this moment. Sophia genuinely cared for Beta, just like how she cared for both Casano and Horyang.

Everything and everyone on this world, there was no one who was born flawless. Even if Sophia was able to make a flawless living ignition weapon, will that person be happy?

Happiness was just something simple. One doesn't have to be perfect to be happy. She was also one of them. Although her road was not easy and she had experienced lots of bitterness, but she also experienced lots of happiness. She wasn't perfect, but she was happy.

"Back then, my teacher taught me that we are responsible of ourselves. If I want to be happy, then I would be happy. If I want to be sad, then I would be sad. It has nothing to do with perfect and imperfect right?" She asked again to Sophia who didn't answer her question.

Charlotte looked at Beta. She didn't feel the hostility that she felt towards him anymore. This boy endured lots of things ever since he was young, and Charlotte was sure that there was no one in this tower who ever had a peaceful life like hers. Compared to their lives, her former life was considered a quite peaceful and good life. Compared to their lucks, she felt that her luck in her former life was way better. 

"Alas, this boy has suffered a lot" Charlotte said. "I guess it has been awhile since he slept this peaceful."

Sophia just smiled, "Maybe." She looked at Charlotte and asked, "But at this time, aren't you going to be with your friends? I overheard your words before, but this must be your reunion."

Charlotte didn't smile when she heard that. Her smile disappeared as she turned her head around and looked at the others.

"I'm not certain of it" she said and confuse Sophia who heard it. "Although we are close, we're also far."

No matter how she tried, now that things had turned like this, she felt that she could never blend in with them. She felt that although they were actually close, but she couldn't help but to feel that they were too far for her to reach.

She closed her eyes and decided to take a rest for awhile.

•••

The regulars looked surprised to know that the Wolhaiksong was also there to help them.

Wolhaiksong was also an organization that opposed Zahard and they were also dangerous for an irregular like Urek Mazino whose strength matched with the heads of the Ten Great Families was also in there. In fact, based on what Lero- Ro said, Urek Mazino seemed to be one of the founders.

But compared to FUG, Wolhaiksong was more like a social organization. They weren't like FUG who treated the slayers and slayer candidates as their Gods who they should worship. Just by thinking this difference, Charlotte felt that this Wolhaiksong sounded more relaxed than FUG. Why wasn't the Wolhaiksong the one who kidnapped her and Bam at the time? In that way, maybe they would suffer less.