2 • 111 • 123

- Black Butterfly -

NOAH'S POV

'I wanted to be strong.'

I don't want to run away or betrayed again.

The sword that she made with her whole heart, with all the feelings poured within the blade, she made the sword with the hope that it could defend her lover, the one who she swore oath to stay by his side forever, regardless in the pain and happiness they'll have to face.

The sword was was made with the hope to protect him, to defend him, so that when he was in danger -- even though with his power, there were only few people who could be his threats-- the sword could at least replace her when she was not by his side. The sword could help him.

But never once she thought that the sword she made for her lover would be the one who took her life.

"MOM!"

That cold and lifeless body lied on the ground. Fresh red blood were on our hands. Her silver eyes that were still opened wide in shock and disbelief. The cry of my younger sister that broke in the silent night.

Those silver eyes had lost their light. They weren't as bright as before. In that body of the person who I called "mother", that light seemed to have disappear. The body on the ground was now just an empty shell.

Our mother had left us forever.

But it was something that I refuse to accept.

'How could she possibly left us', that was what I thought back then.

I looked at the last person who I believed to be able to do something, to return the light and warmness of those silver eyes. I knew that he was the murderer, but I couldn't help but to look at him.

Because I still believed him, I wanted to believe him and I believed that he was the one with the power and ability to save her.

It was the last chance that I gave him.

As long as he saved my mother, I could still trust him. I could, and I will forget this matter as long as he saved her. As long as he said that it was a misunderstanding. I will pretend none of this ever happened even if it means to deceive and lie to myself.

But what was I thinking at the time? He was the murderer. Would he let the one who he spent time killing be resurrected and revived? He murdered her with the sword that she made for him. Her last and most beautiful gift.

"Go. I give you a chance to survive. Go and get stronger. When you are strong enough, come back and challenge me. I give you the chance to kill the murderer of your parents. But if you aren't strong enough when that time comes, then remember that you will be the one who I devour."

The tears that made the grasses wet were covered with blood. No one could tell who shed those tears. No one even noticed that those tears that contained all our feelings were covered and veiled by crimson red blood.

That cold and heartless gaze like a man who was tired and sick of everything, like a man who had lost everything he had was still fresh in my mind.

'Who truly lost everything that night?'

I helplessly gritted my teeth and pulled my sister's hand.

'Why do you make that kind of useless and worthless expression when you are to blame for your own sin? Don't joke around with me!'

She was still young, reaching out her little hand towards our parents. I couldn't tell who she was crying for. For her father who betrayed her or for her dead mother. Maybe both.