2 • 109 • 121

- Altaira's Sworn Enemy -

Her long red hair reached her ankles. She was taller than both Celeste and Estelle and whoever she was, she could withstand Celeste's deadly sword movements. She had a pair of crimson red eyes and she was dressed in a simple brown and green robe. She was wielding shinsu.

"Little girl, you can't hurt me if you keep wielding your sword like that. You can't even get close to me" said that woman.

"Really?" Celeste forced herself to smile.

'This woman... her strength is no less than me. We're on the same level. But the way she controls shinsu is unique and more flexible than me. If things keep dragging like this, I might be defeated. What should I do?'

"You won't be able to defeat anyone if you are hesitating like that" said the woman. "I've observed your movements. You are hesitating and contemplating whether your movements are right or not, whether you might fall into enemies' trap or not. You are too calculative."

"Those eyes... you also have the Red Echo eyes," said Celeste.

"So you knew. Even though these eyes will only work even more effective after you hit me once, but if you use it well, it could even see enemies' pattern clearly, no matter how fast they are," said the woman. "Our powers may be on the same level because I am someone's sworn enemy, but the difference between our experiences is something you can't deny."

Celeste couldn't deny that it was true. Even when she was good with sword and even used her butterflies to assist her, she couldn't find an opening to kill her within one shot.

Red Echo eyes would work better if she hit her, doesn't that mean that if she recklessly attack, the red- haired woman will get stronger? Then the only way to defeat her was to kill her with a single shot. But it was too hard and troublesome when she was being suppressed here.

"You are too hesitant. You are too afraid of losing. If you can't overcome your weaknesses, let alone touching me..."

She created five bangs together in the same time.

"You will die here in my hands instead."

There was a smirk on her painful face.

Celeste dodged one, two, three and blocked the fourth one. The fifth one hit her directly and she let out a painful cry.

With her blue butterflies around, she may be healing herself. But her energy was draining. If her power was depleted, she was done for.

"I'm not someone who will bully those who are younger or weaker than me. Why don't you give up and let me find my sworn enemies? I won't bother you," she suggested.

"I won't," Celeste firmly said.

If she gives up right here, then wouldn't that prove she was weak? The others were fighting against the sworn enemies as hard as they could, how could she give up? She would prefer to die in a battlefield instead of surrendering.

'I just need some time!'

Meanwhile, in another hand, Charlotte and Estelle were placed to fight against a blue- haired woman. Her soft blue hair was rather short as it reached her shoulders. Her blue outfit was made for fighting but in the same time, it made the aura of a noble woman surrounding her even stronger. It was made to fight, but it wasn't so plain but stylish. On her right hand, there was a spear.

Her eyes were the eyes of someone who had seen death over and over again to the point that losing someone important won't do much pain for her. Those eyes were the eyes of a person who had been through a lot of things, living too long and losing the enthusiasm that she would feel when she joined a fight. The blue eyes of hers were cold and frosty. And when they changed to red, the crimson red color couldn't hide those feelings.