2 • 137 • 149

- Letting Go  -

"Let's settle things right here and now."

Both Rachel and Yura were still surprised to see Charlotte's sudden appearance, especially when her eyes were wrapped with white blindfold.

'Are her eyes wounded?' It was the first thing that the two of them thought.

"Female Black Turtle!" Rak called her with happiness. "You're awake already?!"

Charlotte turned her head towards Rak and smiled, "Yes."

He was happy to see that his friend was awake already, but when he remembered what happened to her eyes, his smile froze.

"Your eyes--"

"We'll talk about that later, Rak," she said and interrupted his words on purpose as she turned around to look at Rachel and Yura. "Right now, I need to have a conversation with Rachel."

Yura held on her luggage tightly before she leapt forward recklessly towards Charlotte, "Don't you dare to hurt Rachel!"

She attempted to swing her luggage towards Charlotte from her right side. Charlotte raised her left hand in ease and blocked it with just one hand.

'Weak.'

Her lips curled up into a smirk.

Charlotte remembered her encounter against Yura for the first time in the Train Station. During the Crazy Yellow Ball game, she recalled how happy and entertained this blue- haired girl was for toying and messing with them.

She dropped hints regarding Rachel to Bam in order to disturb his mind, wounded both of her hands, insulted them, and hijacked the train.

After that, as she followed Rachel and became her closest friend and aide, she kept getting on their ways again and again, especially with her scheme during the Dallar Show.

Her luggage that she obtained from the Workshop was annoying indeed, as it allowed her to teleport to anywhere under certain range three times a day. It was also her main weapon and could store people inside.

But now, it was meaningless.

"Want to protect her?" Charlotte asked to Yura who appeared to be surprised. "It's a pity, you lack of strength."

The abundant amount of shinsu pushed her violently to the side of the room.

"AAH!" Yura crashed against the wall and dropped her luggage. And as she fell to the floor, she lost her consciousness.

And Charlotte just snorted without saying any other word. She was sure that she had controlled her strength at a fair amount, but perhaps she should have restrained herself a little bit more.

'Right now, I understand why many people loved to torment others,' Charlotte thought. 'Especially their archenemies. But unlike the puppet, it isn't my style to go violent and stab people all around.'

It was too dirty and messy.

Instead, she preferred a different method.

'Playing with their hopes and desires, toying with their dignities,' Charlotte thought with a smirk. 'Watch their surprised faces and witness how they descend to desperation...... just like how everyone else wished me to.'

Her conscience felt a little bit hurt at her cruel thoughts of playing someone else. She was sure that if her friends know about this thought of hers, they would be worried and upset for her. She was not quite pleased with this kind of thought either.