Chapter 5: Namikaze?

Flashback continued

Confrontation with Kurama was bad- for the fox. Naruto was eerily calm and voice dangerously low. It didn't help him that Naruto's initial anger towards Hiruzen was now directed at him. Kurama admitted that he knew the fact and explained that it was the Yondaime who practically begged Kurama to take care of her since she was a female Jinchuriki disguised as a male for her safety. At the end of the explanation, Naruto calmed down and gave a big smile to the fox. Kurama instinctively smiled back causing her to jump on him and cuddle into his fur. At this point, both of them wordlessly declared each other as friends. They reminisced the fateful night almost a year ago, when a chakra flare saved her from being violated. Kurama had answered that he only tried to be civil to his host, as Naruto giggled at the fox's embarrassment.

Since then, Naruto tried to keep her hair short till she had the necessities required for cover-up, knowing that skilled shinobi could identify Henge, and some can even see through it, and can't put on the henge of a male all the time. Gradually, she bought wigs of various colours, different coloured eye contacts, make-up, etc., from various stores to avoid suspicion.

She was 5 ½ years old. She was coming back from the Hokage tower, when she was chased by a mob. She managed to outrun them, but was not unscathed. The wounds closed up while some of the blood remained of her body. She stumbled upon a mansion that she couldn't enter during the previous explorations of Konoha. She placed a bloodied hand on the gate for support and it opened to her. Her initial shock was gone as she contemplated and slowly entered the premises and closed the gate. She saw a seal on the gate and entered the mansion. Why would she be able to enter now? If the seal was meant to keep intruders away, why did it allow her now? The house was dusty and Naruto found herself before a portrait of the Yondaime Hokage and his wife. This had been their house. She explored the house, finding two diaries that belonged to the late occupants of the house, with seals on them that were similar to the one on the gate. She could open the books with her blood and read through them, going through the Hokage's journal first. She made some very interesting discoveries.

1. The Yondaime was a seal master. So was his wife Uzumaki Kushina. In fact, the Uzumaki clan was known for being seal masters.

2. Her own parents, according to Hima were seal masters, and her blonde hair indicated that she was related to the dead Hokage also known as the Yellow Flash.

3. The Sandaime had three students- Jiraiya, Senju Tsunade, Orochimaru. The first was a perverted Toad Sage and Minato's sensei. The second being the Shodai-sama's grand daughter and a gambler with the worst luck. The third was a prodigy, a candidate to the position of Hokage along with Minato, who later defected. 'Jealous nin, but perhaps, there is more' Naruto thought.

4. Kushina was a transfer student from Uzushiogakure, Village hidden in the Eddies or Whirlpools. It had been the homeland of the Uzumakis, that was later destroyed by the combined effort of three villages who feared the sealing power of the clan. 'People fear barely known power and would do anything to put it down instead of making it an ally' Naruto thought.

5. Kushina was brought to Konoha to be the 2nd Jinchuriki of Kyuubi no Kitsune, after Uzumaki Mito, Senju Hashirama's wife. ('Another confrontation required' Naruto thought as somewhere, a certain 9 tailed fox gulped)

6. The couple were expecting a child, who if boy, was named Naruto, after the hero of the first novel (and the only non-perverted novel) of Jiraiya. If a girl, then Naru or Naruto or whatever the child wishes.

7. The copy of this novel, 'The tales of a Gutsy Ninja' was available on the same desk as Minato's diary.

8. The child and daughter of the Yellow Flash Namikaze Minato and the Red-Hot Habanero Uzumaki Kushina is our beloved Uzumaki Naruto, or Namikaze-Uzumaki Naruto or Naru- She prefers Naruto to respect her father's sentiments.

9. The seals were blood seals, that respond to blood and chakra of family members. This quenched her curiosity.

10. Minato himself had idolized the Nidaime Hokage, increasing his reserves by a lot (not as much as an average Senju or Uzumaki). He was a sensor that senses by putting a finger to the ground and sending chakra through it. He had mastered the Hiraishin- Flying Raijin Technique, a space-time teleportation jutsu, and used it to kill most of Iwagakure's shinobi during the third Great Shinobi War, effectively stopping the war to a good extent.

Naruto later found various scrolls of theory, chakra and jutsus of the Uzumaki clan, and some of her father's own. She had been practising basic non-elemental jutsus and was proficient in them, even the bunshin no jutsu, though she prefers Kage Bunshin no Jutsu or Shadow Clone Technique- a jutsu forbidden since it divides the chakra of the user, leaving the user with very less chakra, also causing death. However, it was perfect for her since she has large reserves due to her being a part of the Uzumaki clan, and also Kurama's Jinchuriki. Being a female allowed her finer chakra control than a male of her status. More on her training later...

Kurama told her his story- from the battle of Hashirama and Madara at the Final Valley, at the Naka River to being imprisoned in Mito and Kushina. He also told her what had happened on the fateful night of her birth, when a masked man, claiming to be Uchiha Madara had ripped him out of Kushina and made him attack Konoha before he lost control over him somehow and Minato had prepared to seal him again in the new born child. Kurama who wanted to be free, had attempted to kill the future vessel, but was stopped by Minato and Kushina, who sacrificed themselves in the process.

Kurama did not cry, but Naruto could see the sadness, loneliness and unshed tears in his eyes. She asked him to reduce his size to that of an average man, and if possible, a human form. A puzzled Biju obliged after a yelp caused a pull at one of his tails.Naruto hugged him and he was taken aback, but thought that she required comfort at the death of her parents. He was in for another surprise when Naruto had him kneel down and pat his back, soothing him with the words, "It's okay, let it all out." The proud Biju was coaxed into shedding silent tears, but broke down when he heard, "It's okay Kurama Onii-sama. Let it all out. Even the mighty ones have their moments. I'll be there for you. I can't say I know how you feel, I can only imagine. But I'll be there, Your Imouto will be there. Thank you for looking after me..."

After the bawling, Kurama slept and Naruto came out of her mindscape and sighed. The information was a lot to take in and she  had work- a lot of it- to do.

[A/N: How do you want the 4th Ninja war to end? 

1. with Kaguya (same as canon)

2. with Kaguya (slightly different from canon)

3. with Madara (try suggesting reasons)

4. with Obito

I just wanted to get the opinions of my readers, and depending on what answers and votes I get, I shall continue. In the meanwhile, please enjoy reading this and the other chapters.

READ, REVIEW, COMMENT &VOTE!!!

NamikazeNaruto20]